Pages

Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Birthday Cake

Good morning friends ~ I'm still working on adding cards to my stash on hand.  My box has become woefully sparse and I didn't have any anniversary cards left, so I pulled out another oldie but goodie from Pinkfresh Studio called "Celebrate In Style".
 
As you can see, I heat embossed the bottom strip with gold embossing powder.  I like the touch of elegance it adds to the cake.  And that spray of flowers is delightful!
 
I added Petal Pink Liquid Pearls to the centers of the flowers.
It's the small details that add so much!
 
Here's another card using the left overs from the stenciled and die cut set.  I happily used up more printed paper in the process as well.  That's always a good thing.

I'll be adding one of these cards to the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge ~ Summertime Blues using Pinkfresh Studio
 
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

  1. These are so pretty, what a great stamp set! Love that bit of gold embossing, so pretty! And they look so YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both lovely, I like the gold touch on the first but also like the balance of flowers on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No anniversary should be celebrated without cake, Birgit! [or so my husband says! I'm sure he'd choose that two-layered one]
    Loving your cake and pretty duo of papers that cover your card.
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree about the small details. You have two beautiful anniversary cards to add to your stash. I have a friend who always needs anniversary cards and I should probably be making some, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Birgit! I love how you used gold embossing to accent the cake. I also love the background. So glad you're building back up your stash! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both BEAUTIFUL Birgit! I never think to make Anniversary cards, but this cake and flower set is perfect for celebrating! Love all the pretty colors and the gold and the dsp too! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful anniversary card. I love the background papers you used and the lovely cake. Great idea to highlight the flowers with Liquid Pearls. Beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are so lovely, Birgit. I LOVE the mix of beautiful papers for the background and the torn edge adds something so special. Two beautiful cake images with pretty flower toppers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just lovely! I like the papers you used and the touch of sparkle you added to the cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me some love! I appreciate that you took the time to stop in and leave a comment. I read each and every one of them and I appreciate you!