Pages

Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2026

Vintage Vignette Christmas Altered Art

Good morning friends ~  The Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is asking us to "Add Some Texture" to our project, featuring Tim Holtz products. 

 This is a super fun challenge for me as I enjoy making these little Christmas pieces using Tim Holtz product and found items in my craft closet.
 
 
These Christmas Vignette Boxes are long since retired but I still have a couple packages of them sitting in my stash, along with a pack of Christmas Paper Dolls waiting to be used.  So I started by creating the vignette using a Christmas tree on the inside of a box lined with Tim Holtz printed paper.  I die cut a small star and sprinkled on golden yellow glitter and mounted it to the top of the tree.
 
I used an old childs alphabet block, "B" for boy, and mounted the vignette box to the top using hot glue.  I then mounded on some texture paste and sprinkled it with some white Carrara Marble Course Glitter from Martha Stewart.  It does have a shiny look to it but my phone camera didn't pick up on the shine.
 
 
To finish it off, I added a tiny ornament which I covered with glue and sprinkled vintage silver microfine glitter to make it sparkle.  
 
I'll be adding this to the:
 Simons Says Wednesday Challenge ~ Add Some Texture 
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
  
Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. You are so talented making these vignette boxes Birgit and I absolutely LOVE this one! The tree, the dsp, the little boy and the "B" block, the ornament, the snow...I love it all my friend! Sweet, sweet, SWEET!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! I like all of the vintage goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such a wonderful job with these pieces, I love the tree inside and the snow outside, So neat to use a block for the base!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastically Festive! Loving the Vintage Vibe, as always! Thank goodness for craft closets lol This is wonderful! Very Merry!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me some love! I appreciate that you took the time to stop in and leave a comment. I read each and every one of them and I appreciate you!