Pages

Pages

Friday, September 4, 2026

A Shaped Card ~Guest Designer for Cut It Up Challenge #364

Good morning friends~  A while back my card made the Top Cut at the Cut It Up Challenge, so I'm honored to have a guest spot designing for them in today's challenge to make a "Shaped Card".
 
I used Nested Keyplate Etched dies from Say It With Stamps to make the shaped card.  I thought the keyplate design was a little bit unique and the fact that it is a layered set, gave me lots of opportunity to use up some printed paper.  The brown inside frame was actually cut from the same pale yellow cardstock I used for the flowers, but I sponged over it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I triple layered the outside frame and the inner frame to give it some dimension.
 
The printed papers are from a set called Floral Whispers from Asuka Studio.  The water colored florals in this set are truly stunning.  I added a couple of flowers made using Layered Colorful Blooms from Spellbinders.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink, and it is stamped on a banner from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  
 
A Layered Butterfly sticker from Spellbinders has landed herself on the bottom of this pretty card.  I think this card turned out quite nice!

 You can link up your own shaped card at the Cut It Up Challenge.  
Thanks so much to all the designers at Cut It Up Challenge for allowing me to take part in this design challenge with them. 

I'll be adding this card to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
Triple B Challenge ~ September 
Beautiful Blossoms ~ No Option 

Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

  1. Love the shape, love the layers! And your Designer Papers are gorgeous! The flowers and butterfly are beautiful too! Fun and fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birgit, this is so beautiful with all of those shapely layers and frames - what butterfly wouldn't want to perch there?
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely beautiful, Birgit! Love any opportunity to use such beautiful designer papers. I can easily see the pattern even on the piece you sponged the brown over. Pretty flowers and butterfly, cool shape. Love the banner across the front. You made an amazing card for your guest spot. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on guesting, Birgit! Your shaped card is so pretty! Love the flowers and butterfly along with the warm colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shaped card is BEAUTIFUL Birgit! Your dsp, flowers and butterfly all look fabulous framed out and what a great way to say Happy Birthday! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous shaped card! I love the unique keyplate design and all of the beautiful layers you created with those gorgeous papers. The added dimension really makes everything pop, and that sweet little butterfly is the perfect finishing touch. So happy to have you joining us as our Guest Designer at Cut It Up! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so petty - love the layered flowers and the details in the background. Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up as the Guest Designer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, I do love that shape and the layering of it too. Such pretty flowers and papers, The butterfly goes so well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your shaped card; nicely designed with great paper, flowers and dies. Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up as a guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card, Birgit. Love the shape and the lovely papers you used for your mats. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. You're not the only one that is playing catch up :-) Life took over the last couple of weeks between some health issues and looking after my little grandchildren, time flew by and my crafty time became non - existent. But hopefully life is back on track :-)
    Have a wonderful day.
    ♥ Lena

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful!! I LOVE the shape of the dies you used and how you die cut patterned paper with them. It's subtle, but adds the perfect amount of interest! And those die cut flowers are just gorgeous! I'm so glad you were able to be our guest designer for the challenge at Cut It UP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is gorgeous Birgit! The Keyplate shape is really unique. You've used a great mix of different mfgs. on this beautiful creation. The soft yellow flowers have so much depth and texture. I am always in favor of seeing yellow...it's a happy color. Lots of pretty papers and I love the walnut stained layer that really adds to the interest of the design. Congratulations on your guest spot at CIU. Thanks for sharing you inspiration with A Cut Above's September Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your card is gorgeous. Thanks for being our guest designer at Cut It Up.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me some love! I appreciate that you took the time to stop in and leave a comment. I read each and every one of them and I appreciate you!