Good morning friends ~
As I was rummaging through my card file I came across this card that I made months ago and never posted. I actually made it for a challenge but it closed before I had a chance to enter. Do you do that? I miss challenge deadlines all the time!
I started by making a scripty background using a Penny Black background stamp, and distressing around the edges of the background with the same color ink.
The beautiful Cosmos Bunch from Pinkfresh Studio was stamped and then stenciled using soft, muted colors. I usually have a heavy hand when it comes to stenciling, so this took lots of self control.
I'll be adding this card to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge ~ Stamp It
A Cut Above ~ September
The leaves have just started to fall here and temperatures are definitely fall like. I've started cutting things back in the garden getting them ready for winter. Seems like summer whisked by way to quickly.

8 comments:
Saw this as it stood out in the gallery and had to come and say hello! This is beautiful, Birgit! I love the soft inking on those pretty flowers and the sweet sentiment.
What a gorgeous card Birgit! I love the soft colors and had to chuckle about usually being heavy handed when you stencil, because I'm the same way! I have to really concentrate if I want lighter colors! But anyway, your card is absolutely lovely and will definitely be treasured by someone when the need comes to send it. I'm jealous of your cooler temps and falling leaves...still around 80 here and muggy (lots of rain), and no falling leaves. Usually October before we see any of that! Hugs. :0)
This is lovely Birgit! Beautiful background stamp and soft colors on those pretty Cosmos. We are still having summer temps and it was 88 today. I love the fall and can't wait until it's here. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with the September Challenge at A Cut Above.
Vicki - ACA Owner
I have done that many times lol This is beautiful! Love a scripty background and your florals are gorgeous! The large prayers sentiment is so striking--you would have won that Challenge! Sorry your Lantana are blooming so late, they last a good season, I wonder if you could bring them in as a houseplant and enjoy them all winter? And then collect the seeds? I'd say it is worth a try! :)
What a beautiful way to send prayers, Birgit! that gorgeous background stamping sets the stage perfectly for a light hand with your lovely colors!
Summer is going to be over very soon, and can you believe it has been almost a year since I stopped by?
=]
Beautiful, I do love the colors you used, so soft and pretty. Like the script behind too!
Wow leaves falling already, we are still quite warm here, looking forward to Fall for sure.
Oh, my, absolutely beautiful, Birgit! So pretty and soft stamped in blue with your light touch on the stenciling. I rarely manage a challenge unless it's a month long. I'm glad you finally shared this gorgeous card!
Lover the way you've colored this, Birgit! What a beautiful card!
Post a Comment