Friday, August 2, 2013

Challenge Card and Christmas

Good morning fellow crafters. This card I made today meets two challenges. The weekly sketch challenge from My Favorite Things and the Make it Monday challenge from Nichole's blog for Papertrey Ink. Here's my card.

The double stamped background was done using PTI's Background Basics "Text Style" and a diamond background image from Fiskars. Those are both stamped using Smoky Shadow ink. I used MFT Pretty Poppies to stamp the image using Scarlet Jewel and Spring Moss, which I stamped off once before stamping my image. The sentiment is from PTI's Beautiful Blessings and the inside sentiment is from Simon Says.


This next card is an advance on making my Christmas cards for this year. I just got an order in from My Favorite Things and couldn't wait to try my new Christmas Ornaments. Using some papers I had in my stash, I found that Papertrey Inks colors Scarlet Jewel and Spring Moss matched the papers perfectly. Here's my first Christmas card for this season.

Here's a picture with a little detail of the popped ornaments.

It's a little hard to see the sentiment in the picture but it's embossed in silver. Thanks for visiting! Blessings~ Birgit

2 comments:

Paula S. said...

Oh my the Poppy stamp looks great against the lined paper. Very pretty card!

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous cards! Love that sentiment with the poppies and those beautiful ornaments!