Friday, May 29, 2015

My Sincerest Thanks

Hello~ I want to start by saying thank you to those of you who've left such kind words on my last post on the loss of my mom. The pain I feel at times is indescribable and I never knew the pain of hurting so badly as I do now. Each day brings new strengths and new struggles but I know that the Lord is with me, sees my tears and knows my hurt. I am truly thankful for the care and concern I've received by all those who knew my mom, our family or me and also thankful for those of you who are willing to put yourselves forth and offer comfort here in blogland.

Here's a couple more thank you cards that I was able to complete the other day.


Both of these cards use PTI's Favorite Flowers. The mason jar is from PTI's Friendship Jar. The sentiment on the first card is from PTI's Lovely Layers and the sentiment on the second card is from Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Words.
Here's another card using Friendship Jar, in the same style as the first card that I saw on Nichole Heady's blog quite a long time ago.

I heat embossed the jar and hydrangeas in white and colored them in lightly with my copics.

Happiness In Bloom from PTI was used on this card, creating a very soft background for the butterfly from Sweet N' Sassy Stamps "New Beginnings", which is heat embossed in gold on vellum. The scalloped edge was cut using MFT's Stitched Scallop Edges and then edged with a gold paint pen.
I'll enter one or more of these cards into the following challenges:
Simon Says Monday Challenge
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
Word Art Wednesday Challenge

Thanks for your words of comfort and thanks for stopping by!
Blessings~ Birgit

6 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful cards! Such stunning designs! Great work! :)

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Meihsia Liu said...

All your cards are so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Jenelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenelle said...

Wow! Such beautiful cards! I am so sorry for your loss.

Birgit said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. No matter the age it is always so hard to lose someone we love. I commend you that you have made these beautiful cards. They are full of life and light

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

No one can ever take the place of our moms and my heart sincerely goes out to you as you struggle on right now. Faith will pull you through and it's my personal opinion that a bond between a mother and daughter doesn't end at death. What I really love about you is that you're finding the strength to create beauty even as your own heart is broken and that is the sign of a noble spirit. These cards were each so thoughtful and so full of beauty and hope. I love how you tied them together with a floral theme, yet each one is so unique. I'm sure that the people who receive them will feel the love that went into each one. Again, my heart goes out to you and I commend you for continuing to make this world a beautiful place through your talents. I'm so glad you shared these cards and your tender feelings with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. I'm sure that your self-expression and beautiful posts will help others who are experiencing that same sense of loss.