Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A CAS Challenge With Marcia

Today I'm posting some cards I made for a CAS challenge with my sweet online friend Marcia. We've been enjoying challenging each other monthly to help each other think outside the box. What fun I've had getting to know her, she's a real treasure and I count myself blessed to call her my friend!!

I used MFT's Inside Out Stitched Squares and the Layered Pumpkin from Kitchen Sink Stamps. The sentiment is from MFT's Primitive Pumpkins.

For this card, I cut the green scalloped rectangle with WPlus9's Sending Sunshine Die. I stamped the sunflower using Kitchen Sinks Layered Sunflower and ran it through the die cutting machine with the mosaic die from PTI's Stamp A Fair kit from last year. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted, Sunshine & Smiles. The little button and fishtails finish it off.



On the third card, I used the Stitched Interactive Window die from MFT to cut the front panel and stamped just a single pumpkin on the center window from Sunny Studio's, Harvest Happiness. I then stamped the other cute images from the same set and colored them in with my copics.

The last card uses the Layered Carnation from Kitchen Sink Stamps. Are you noticing a pattern going on here? Yes, I've just recently discovered Kitchen Sink Stamps and I am loving them! The detail is amazing, though they take a bit of practice lining the images up properly. Thank goodness for the Misti!!
Anyway that's it for my magic today! Be sure to stop by Marcia's blog and leave her some love too!
One of these cards will be entered into the following challenges
Word Art Wednesday Challenge
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
Simon Says Monday Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday

Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings~ Birgit

5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...totally in love with all 4 cards Birgit! I think you definitely won this round, as they are all beautiful, and definitely CAS!! I can see why you love the Kitchen Sink stamps...I've never heard of them before, but I will definitely be checking them out! Thanks again for playing with these challenges with me and getting me to think outside the box, but most of all for our growing friendship...I am blessed!! :0)

Unknown said...

That SUNFLOWER is so pretty. The backgrounds are somehow very perfect. All the cards are unique and it seems like your friend and you have benefitted from your monthly challenge. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 202nd AG challenge!
Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Natalie said...

LOVE the sunflower card! What a unique background, very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

jenn shurkus said...

WOW!! these cards are fabulous and all so unique from one another :) love them! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

francesca said...

beautiful cards!!
I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog, be sure to check it out!! :)