Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Monthly Card Challenge with Marcia

Hello friends!  It's the end of the month so that means it's time for Marcia's and my monthly challenge.  This month our challenge was red, white & blue.  Perfect timing for the upcoming 4th of July celebrations.  I'll start in the order that I made my projects: 

My first card was quick and easy and is almost a one layer card.  I cut a Die-Namites Daisy Bunch from white card stock and colored it using copics and adhered it to the card base.  I then drew a black border using a ruler around the outside edge and added some tiny dots and stamped swirls from SSS Favorite Flowers.  The sentiment is also from Favorite Flowers (set no longer available).

I really like this card, I think it's my favorite.  I stamped the Kitchen Sink Multi Step Bicycle and sentiment onto white card stock and cut it using a Memory Box Stitched Rectangle.  I added a strip of striped design paper and a strip of black card stock that I added some glitz to, using a Clear Wink Of Stella.  The little red banner is cut using MFT's Blueprints #27.


Card #3~ I started by cutting and stamping PTI's Quilted Spring and mounted it onto a Tag Sale Quilted Die from PTI.  I ran the front of the card base through the embosser machine with a Lil' Inkers Circles & Diamonds Stitched Pattern Die and attached the tag to the card front.  The sentiment is from PTI's Beautiful Blessings.

This fun little treat sack was made using MFT's Paper Sack Die.  First, I printed the words to "Star Spangled Banner" onto a piece of kraft paper on my home printer.  Then I cut and assembled the paper bag, adding a handle that was cut using one of the elements from MFT's Blueprints #17.  I die cut the Die-Versions Build An Owl out of red, white and blue and assembled him, giving him a very old Quickuts Flag to hold.



This card I lovingly titled "A Crabby Hello".  It features that adorable crab from Elizabethe Craft Designs Large Shells and one of the coral elements from Elizabeth Craft Designs Seaweed.  Both of these sets have been getting a lot of use lately as they're perfect for summer cards when you live near the coast.  I layered it all up using some stitched scalloped rectangles.

That's it for my cards today.
I'll be entering one of the cards into the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge ~ Anything Goes

Be sure to stop by Marcia's blog to see what she came up with this month.  I'm sure her projects will knock your socks off!  They always do that to me!  
 Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

3 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...You're knocking my socks off here Birgit! Love the border around your daisy card...so CAS and just perfect! And I thought your bicycle was a photo it looks SO rea...beautiful stamping on that one my friend!!! And too funny that we both did a quilt card...must be true about great minds thinking alike! Love the embossed background on your lovely quilt card too! And oh my gosh is that owl bag cute!! Totally in love with how you did the background on that and am definitely going to try that sometime! And you know I've been loving your "sea" themed cards lately, and this crabby hello is no exception...too, too cute! Fabulous collection of cards my friend, and thanks for playing along with me month after month...I just love these challenges and our friendship! I am blessed!! :0)

Patti said...

Beautiful!! I love them all but I'm wild about that bike! what a pretty image and your little crab is too too cute! : )

Patti

Mandy said...

Wonderful cards / treat sack Birgit! I love the little owl he is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx