Tuesday, January 31, 2017

12 Kits of Occasion ~ January

This is my first post for 12 Kits of Occasion and I couldn't be more thrilled to be joining this amazing  team of talented ladies!  
A funny story:  When I first found the 12 Kits of Occasion blog (about 2 years ago), I didn't realize that it was a group of friends that shared making kits for each other each month throughout the year.  Not knowing that, I e-mailed someone and asked them where I could sign up to receive their kits and I was surprised to discover that they weren't for sale!  Now here I am, blessed to be part of their team...  God is so good and just full of surprises!

The first kit of the year is from Lindsey of Occasional Crafting  and she put together such a wonderful  kit filled with super fun goodies!  It's called "A Fresh Start to the New Year".  The colors are fresh and inspiring!!
No automatic alt text available.
We're also happy to have two guest designers this month. Kathy McCluskey from Bdlakebum Stamps and Leigh Penner from To the Full so be sure to visit their blogs and leave them some love.

Almost everything in the kit was new to me so it was fun playing with products I didn't have.  
Let's get right on to my cards:
I loved this sentiment embossed in gold that Lindsey had already cut into this sweet scalloped panel!  All I did to this card was stamp a striped pattern on the left side of the card stock and add a tiny strip of black paper shimmered up with black Wink of Stella.  The floral spray is so fun colored with Copics!!

Lindsey included this cool resist patterned paper in the kit.  I sprayed some Heidi Swapp shimmer spray on to the panel and cut it using a pierced rectangle.  She stamped this fun cake onto water color card stock so I got to have a little practice time using the Zigs.  The sentiment is from the kit and I cut it using a stitched banner from ECD and tied it off with a bit of the twine that she also included in the kit.

This card was the quickest card I think I've ever made.  Everything was included in the kit.  I especially like the fun pinked edge on the sentiment banner!

I love treat boxes and Lindsey included this fun little polka dotted beauty along with the pineapples.

A cute punch out bow and pre-stamped tag.  The box is tied off with more twine from the kit.  So cute!!

This was actually the first card I made.  The inverted scalloped circle on the card stock panel was just meant to be a shaker card!  Lindsey must have planned that's what we'd use it for as she included all the shaker elements in the kit as well.  So fun!  I discovered that I missed a sequin so I glued it to the top of this sweet little heart from the kit.  More fun twine!!

Unfortunately during the process of making my cards, I was in need of a sympathy card so this image that Lindsey embossed in white made a heartfelt card for a friend of mine from Bible study, who just lost her husband.  I water colored the image using my Zigs again and the sentiment is from my own collection, embossed in copper on a vellum banner.  I added a stitched frame from Frantic Stamper over the top as well.

This was another quick and simple card since everything was right there in the kit.  I loved the color and shimmer of the die cut sentiment.  I need to remember to ask Lindsey where that is from...

Is this fox ever cute!  I simply colored him up using Copics and cut him out using a stitched octagon, layered with another stitched octagon in soft blue.  The sentiment was included in the kit and I think it's just perfect for this little guy!
I had this Z-Fold card base sitting on my desk just waiting to be used.  Perfect!!

Lindsey, thanks so much for an amazing kit!  Even after making all these cards, I still have  supplies left over to make more cards.

I can't thank all the amazing gals from 12 kits for this super amazing opportunity to join them!  I really enjoyed this kit from Lindsey!!  Now pop on over to  The 12 Kits of Occasions blog to see all the other designers wonderful cards.  I just know they'll knock your socks off as they always have mine.  ;0)  Be sure to leave a comment while you're there too because Jeanne Jachna is giving away two of her amazing kits!

ETA:  I'll be adding one of these cards to the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge 
Simon Says Monday Challenge 
Darnell's NBUS Challenge #10 
Use Your Stuff 
Word Art Wednesday
Crop Stop! January Linky Party ~ Using Zigs

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

34 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Birgit...the gals over at 12 kits must be so thrilled they asked you to join them as your cards are just over the top amazing!! Each one is so pretty!! And even though it's hard to pick a favorite, the cake card just blows me away...STUNNING!! SO happy for you that you got to join this team...I just know that you're going to have a blast playing along with all those wonderful and talented ladies!! Congrats again, and now I need to go check out what the other ladies did!! :0)

Unknown said...

WOW! That's a lot of beautiful cards! What a great Kit. You always make such beauties and such unique cards! Beautiful!

I Card Everyone said...

You've rocked this Kit, Birgit!!! Oh... we SO knew you would!!! I reserved my cake for coloring later, so thank you, for showing me the way! Welcome home, sweet friend ... it was your destiny to be here...
=]

Nancy Penir said...

All amazing, Brigit! Talk about rocking' a kit! Each one a work of art. LOVE what you did with the cake, shhh, it's on it's way to my house. Will be sending you a few die cuts, just so you can play with them. We are the ones blessed to have you on the team!!!

Colleen said...

Congratulations, Birgit, you have fit right in with your amazing cards for this Kit! Way to go and I will look forward to seeing more from you!

Kathy Mc said...

Yay, Birgit, congratulations on joining the awesome gals at 12 Kits! You will fit right in with your fabulous talent. Each card is a beauty, but your sympathy card coloring is amazing. So sorry for the loss of your friend's DH. You are off to a fabulous start with this team.

Linda said...

Amazing cards Birgit and congrats on being a part of the 12 kits. Beautiful cards.

Marybeth said...

I don't even know where to start Brigit, each card is a work of art and so well thought out! We are so happy to have you as a part of our group. You are so talented and we are lucky to have you! Awesome way to start!!!!! Hugs and God bless you!

Lisa Elton said...

Welcome, welcome, welcome Birgit!! Your debut post as the newest 12 Kits member is simply amazing. I love your beautiful cake card. But your watercolored card is my favorite. I saved that panel to use later, thanks for the inspiration!!

Conniecrafter said...

Congrats Birgit, that is terrific that you were able to get on this team and you have done a Beautiful job with all of these, I especially love your sympathy card, I started working on one tonight to watercolor, lovely inspiration on all of them!

Lindsey said...

Birgit...wow...just WOW! I'm pretty speechless. You did the most amazing things with this kit. Your fox is beyond adorable!!! I love how you colored him, and the fold of the card is just awesome. Your sympathy card (though I wish there wasn't such a sad need for it) is beautiful! I was so excited to see you used the embossed paper and the box, too. Great idea with the mist...I have my sheet left and definitely want to try it. Your shaker is amazing, and really, I just love them all, but I am partial to your first card. I've had it on my counter since you sent it to me, and I just love looking at it. It's beautiful and so special to me. Thank you!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Congratulations on the new DT spot! Your cards are amazing and they are very lucky to have you aboard.

Sue said...

Congrats, Birgit! What a wonderful honor. Your cards are stunning. Great job using the kit! I love all the cards...The fox is just too adorable and love your sympathy card. I'm sure your friend appreciated you thinking of her with the very pretty card. Well deserving congrats!!!

missgailly said...

Lots of inspirational and beautiful cards here. Fantastic! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Sharron said...

Oh my, you really worked magic with Lindsey's fabulous kit! Love everything!! Your cake is stunning, with a wonderful background too. Adore the sweet shaker and your beautiful sympathy card which will mean so much to your friend. And the fox is wonderfully colored and so adorable, especially fun with the fold design. So much inspiration in your first 12 Kits post--we are so lucky to have you!!!

Marlena M. said...

How fun to be a part of that group! You've created such masterpieces here~

Jeanne J. said...

Happy to meet you and get to know you better as a part of this group Birgit.. following you AT LAST! I love all your cards but I keep scrolling back up to the cake with the blue chevron background.. gosh that is just total eye candy! Swoon!

Kim Heggins said...

Birgit....Welcome! So excited that you are now part of our amazing and talented group and we just got that much more talent with you! You took this kit and ran my dear....so many amazing creations, I just don't know where to start! From the looks of all your cards my guess is that you don't have a single thing left over! Your birthday cake card is so beautiful, I would love to have a real one that looks just like this one. Stunning!

AO Creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at UYS, good luck!!! Amy DT

Maura said...

Birgit, what a beautiful collection of cards you've put together! Love them all, and that little fox card is a hit! So happy you joined us this week at Simon Says Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

Tammy L said...

Your card is stunning and I have always had a soft spot for CAS cards. The fact that it is a fancy fold is even more enjoyable! Thanks so very much for playing along with us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again.
--Tammy DT Co-ordinator

Bobby said...

Congratulations on becoming part of the team, Birgit. You hit the ground running with these fabulous cards, and box. I love the Z-fold with the fox.

Beth McCullough said...

Congrats on your new team! Love the cute fox card. Thanks for joining us at UYS. Blessings,
Beth~DT

Karen said...

What fun to become a part of such a great group! I've loved following them for some time now, and love how each one creates with the same materials and produces such different (and lovely) cards. Yours are terrific---I particularly love that shaker card and the gorgeous "You're Sweet" card.

OH Babs said...

Well congratulations. Your first time out and the cards are wonderful. I saw the card on Darnell's NBUS challenge and thought I would drop you a note. Great job you should feel proud.

Joyce said...

What an amazing job you did with your first kit. You really rocked on every single beautiful card you made. I love how brilliantly you fit in with this group. Way to go.

Esther Asbury said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun with your new kit!! LOVE the cake card you linked up to CropStop! So bright and cheery and that shimmer spray makes a stunning background!!

The Paper Parade said...

Brigit, first of all, welcome! I'm so glad you're a part of our group. Secondly, WOW!!!! Look at all the amazing and beautiful creations you made! I am so impressed! It is really hard to choose favorites, so I'm just going to tell you some things that caught my eye: the absolutely fabulous coloring of the white embossed flower panel, it is a piece of art! The adorable fox (the coloring and the cool way that you made the card open!) the adorable pineapple box (someone will be so excited to receive that :)) and the love shaker card! I haven't really dabbled in making shaker cards, but this one makes me want to!

Aileen said...

Wow what an amazing collection of cards. You sure used the kit to perfection. Your colouring of the images is so wonderful.

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, these are all amazing and so pretty !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Gayatri said...

That is such an awesome setiment. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Gayatri xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Well Birgit way to make an awesome entrance into the family! Every single one of your designs is gorgeous and so thoughtful. Your ZIG colouring is fabulous something I need to keep working on, what I need is more hours in the day! Love your treat box and the fun shaker card. Your colouring of the fox is so perfect! So happy to have you on the team! xo

Darnell said...

You really showed the 12 Kits designers that they chose WELL when they chose you, Brigit!! I'm so glad you are part of the team and I am blown away by every.single.one. of the makes you created! The parade just went on and on and my jaw kept dropping lower and lower!! I don't even have a favorite, they are all excellent! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10!! Hugs, Darnell