Friday, August 18, 2017

Guest Designing for Crop Stop

Hello friends ~ I'm so happy to be guest designing for Crop Stop Blog today.  Thanks so much Esther, for this fun opportunity!
I chose to do a little collage style card using lots of wonderful products found in the Crop Stop store.
I started by doing some ink blending for the background using Distress Oxide Inks in Fossilized Amber, Broken China and Wilted Violet, spritzing it with water mixed with a tsp. of bleach, as I continued to add color.  I just love the mottled look it creates.
I stamped this wonderful Heidi Swapp background stamp using Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.

I cut the panel using an Elizabeth Craft Design Stitched Rectangle and then sponged more Frayed Burlap around the outside edges.
I used Poppystamps Delicate Dogwood to cut one out of a scrap of background paper I had created previously that was left sitting on my table and one out of black cardstock.  I also cut the Elizabeth Craft Designs Small Butterfly out of the same.
I adhered the flowers on to the front of the card using Glossy Accents, shadowing the flower with the black die cut.  I layered the butterfly and added Black Diamond Stickles to the body.
The sentiment from Altenew's Fresh Freesia was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed using white embossing powder onto a scrap of black cardstock.  I raised it up just a tad by running a piece of chipboard that was cut slightly smaller than the sentiment strip and running it through my Xyron sticker maker.

I hope you'll take a jaunt over to the Crop Stop blog and say hello to Esther.  While you're there be sure to visit the Crop Stop Shop to see what's new!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

7 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

This is really beautiful! I love how you created your background, that looks amazing! Such pretty die cuts too! This card will surely bring comfort!

Esther Asbury said...

So happy you could guest design for Cropstop today! You created a sympathy beautiful card! Love that you included a mini tutorial as well.

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Birgit, congratulations on your Guest Design spot! What a gorgeous card you made. I love the background with the inks and the stamp over it and the layering of your flowers. This is just so pretty to look at.

Marcia Hill said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer spot Birgit and FABULOUS card!! LOVE your background and your flowers and butterfly look wonderful with the black underneath! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Linda said...

Love this beautiful card, Birgit. The background is so awesome. And congrats of the GD spot.

Lisa Elton said...

This is peaceful and lovely Birgit!

Conniecrafter said...

I saw your gorgeous creation over at cropstop yesterday, love how you did the background and the offsetting of the flowers is a great touch, sweet butterfly too!