Friday, September 22, 2017

Festive Fall Candle

Warm days, cool nights and turning leaves have welcomed fall in abundance here in Maine!  One of the things I love about fall and cooler weather is burning my favorite candles.  Here's a project using a battery operated candle, so it's beautiful to look at and not a safety issue.  

Here's a glimpse at some of the products I used:

I started with a 5 1/2 " battery operated candle and made layered wraps using 111lb Gmund Tindalo Wood Grain Cardstock cut at 4"x10".  The next layer uses CCS Gold Glitter Paper cut at 2 3/4"x10" and the last layer is a leftover scrap of Tindalo Woodgrain paper cut at 1"x10".  I adhered each layer using Score-Tape for a strong bond.
    


I glued the two pumpkins together using Tombow Mono Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue and heat embossed a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp "Thank You for Everything" using Gold Embossing Powder.

I then started layering the shapes on using Glue Dots.  This allowed the shapes to hang off the edges and not be completely stuck down giving the appearance of more dimension.  

I finished the project off with a piece of bakers twine and a pretty fall leaf charm.


You'll find all these wonderful products and more when you visit Cut Cardstock online.  You'll also find fabulous sales on brownorange and gold cardstocks as well as the wood grain cardstock!  

While you're there, be sure to sign up for their newsletter so you'll be the first to know when new items are on sale.  You can also follow Cut Carstock on facebook.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

8 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful way to decorate your flameless candles! I have several of them in my house (on timers) and they add such a warm glow to the fall/winter evenings when it gets dark so early!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little touch of autumn for your home Birgit!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Okay, now I have to go out and buy some of those candles. I love your idea, Birgit! The brown inking around the edges of the leaves and the gold embossing across both pumpkins add your special touch of creativity. So pretty!

Linda said...

So pretty Birgit. Love how you decorated your candles.

Conniecrafter said...

Terrific idea to spice up our battery operated candles, I have a few of them and I love this idea to dress them up a bit, lovely layering and texture, like how you topped it off with the charm also!

Marcia Hill said...

This turned out GREAT Birgit and how perfect to have a candle with your own personal touch on it burning and giving your home that warm and special feeling during the Fall season! Now if it would just "feel" like Fall, it'd be even better!! But anyway, all the little elements you added make this candle just a real beauty!! Love it!! :0)

Donna Phelan said...

Oh this is soooooo pretty! I love hat you have created! Those stitched leaves dies are wonderful!

Janice said...

A beautifully decorated candle Birgit, well,done you, I say!