Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Sail Away With Me

Good morning friends~  I haven't played along with Cupcake Inspiration in a long time and after seeing my friend Kim's card for the challenge and how adorable it was, I thought I'd check out their challenge blog.  I'm so glad I did because there's some wonderful nautical inspiration there!  My card isn't as adorable as Kim's but it's nautical.

Do you ever want to just pull out all your old supplies and make cards with them?  I can get so caught up using new supplies and buying more because I think I "need" them when I have so many wonderful old supplies just waiting to be used.

This card is made using just dies.  No stamping involved.  The sailboat is an old one from MFT but I've always loved the simple design.  I paired it with PTI's Shape Shifters Oval die and the little anchor tag was a freebie from Cheery Lynn Designs a really long time ago.  It was fun pulling out some old dies and giving them some new love.  

I hope you'll play along by clicking here.

Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

This is just the sweetest card Birgit and YAY to you for using oldies but goodies!! I admit I purchase waaaaay too much new stuff and forget about all the older and wonderful stamps and dies I already have...thanks for reminding me to go look through my stash again! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

I'm all about using older stuff and am so happy to see you are too! This is just darling Birgit, I like that sailboat!

Conniecrafter said...

Your card is too cute, love the die background that gives the look of wave, the anchor tag is so cute with it!

Sandy said...

Wonderful Nautical card! Love the colors you chose. Thank you for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT

Kim Heggins said...

so beautiful...fell like I need to be sailing off on your sweet sail boat. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations!