Thursday, July 14, 2022

Winter Garden Release ~ Spellbinders

Hello everyone, happy Thursday!  I'm so glad you've stopped by!  Today's cards feature the wonderful new release from Spellbinder's called "Winter Garden" from Susan Tierney-Cockburn.

I'll jump right in to my first project.  I created the background for a slimline card using Hex Kaleidescope Slimline, in white on white.  

I added Winter Garden "Winter Evergreen Foliage & Ladybug" branches and the bird from "Just A Tweet".  

I heat embossed a sentiment from Christmas Time Sentiments in gold, onto a white strip of cardstock that I fish-tailed on each end, to look like a banner.  I love the simplicity of the Winter Evergreen Foliage & Ladybug die set, but since this is a winter / Christmas card, I chose to not use the ladybug.  ;0)


My second card features the Helleborus flowers, using the foliage from Winter Evergreen Foliage & Ladybug as a base for the floral vignette.

I tried to color the Helleborus similar to this photo that I found on the internet.

I used Splatter Embossing Folder on the printed paper in the background and Layered Mix & Match Sentiments for the greeting.

Thank you for spending part of your day with me.  I so enjoy reading your comments and knowing that you've stopped in for a peek.
I hope you enjoyed today's projects.  You can find the entire new release at Spellbinders and take a peek at what's COMING SOON.  I've listed links to the products below for your convenience.  Hope to see you again soon!

Winter Evergreen Foliage & Ladybug
Hex Kaleidescope Slimline
Just A Tweet
Christmas Time Sentiments
Helleborus
Layered Mix & Match Sentiments
Splatter Embossing Folder
Entire Winter Garden Collection

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

What an awesome slimline creation, look at all of those lovely layers! Beautifully designed. Love the sweet bird and berries and the gold sentiment! Hellebores.....GORGEOUS! Look at the detail on them, they are fabulous! I keep forgetting to add them to my garden!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful cards, I think there isn't a better pairing then birds with berries, love that card, your bird is so sweet and goes great with the branches. Your flowers are gorgeous on the second card and I love your embossing folder with the dotted paper, neat tone on tone background!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!! Both of these cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Birgit!! I love, LOVE the background on your slimline card and that sweet little birdie too...gorgeous card! And the floral card is just beautiful too...so much dimension and I love the colors too! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)