Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Christmas Stockings ~ Double D Challenges

Hello friends ~ Double D Challenges has a new challenge starting today and the theme is "Christmas Stockings".


I pulled out an older set from Elizabeth Craft Designs to make this familiar Christmas scene.

This brings back memories for me of my childhood, when me and my two sisters would hang our stockings on the fireplace on Christmas Eve, in anticipation of the jolly ole' elf himself to sneak in the night to fill them.

The greens and poinsettias are from Spellbinders.

You can join in on the fun here at Double D Challenges

Here's the mood board to help inspire you:


And here's the prize that you could win when you play along:


I hope for you and your family, that your Christmas season is filled with peace and joy and many precious memories.

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful stockings Birgit, love those fun colors!! You have created a wonderfully fun scene!

Marcia Hill said...

I love LOVE how your whole card is the fireplace Birgit, and those stockings and the Poinsettia garland over the mantle are FABULOUS!! We never had stockings at Christmas when I was growing up, but our girls still love them and when I mentioned about not doing them anymore last year, I got quite a bit of NOOOOOOOOOOOO from all of them!! Will have to go dig out my stocking stamps and play along with this one!! Hugs. :0)

Barbara said...

This warm and cozy fire with the Christmas Stocking hung above reminds me lf long ago Christmas mornings with the kids at home. Nice job!

Nancy Penir said...

That's just what I thought of when I first saw this sweet warm scene... Christmas morning with my family all excited about what's inside those stockings! Especially love your created garland on the mantle. Beautiful card, Birgit!

Donna Phelan said...

What a cozy little setting you have created! Loving your sweet layered stockings over that toasty fire! Just add Santa! Merry Merry!

Leslie Miller said...

Now there's a fireplace! How cute this is with the fire burning in the grate. I love the stockings and the pretty colors you chose. I was always afraid to hang the stockings over the fireplace, but now we have a pellet stove insert so I can hang them from the mantle off to the side. Your card evokes a very cozy vibe.

Conniecrafter said...

the stockings were hung, love your cute stocking scene, and that has got to be the neatest fire die I have seen!

Vicki said...

This is lovely, Birgit. Those colors are so soothing. They pulled me right in for a comfy seat in front of the fire. Cute stockings and I love that you added poinsettia garland to the mantle.

Darlene said...

What a beautiful, heart-warming scene you have created my friend! Such wonderful holiday inspiration! Hugs

Judy Woodland said...

This is so cute, I love the flames and the "fireplace". So cozy and nostalgic. FABULOUS card!!!