Monday, January 9, 2023

Make Your Own Sunshine ~ Mixed Media Monday

Good morning friends and welcome back to another Mixed Media Monday.  Have you been keeping tucked in at home because of all the crazy weather patterns that we've all been experiencing here in the US?  I know for me, winters can be long and cold, so today's project is meant to bring some sunshine into your soul.

I found these wonderful K & Company "Meadow" die cuts from artist Susan Winget that jumped off the page over at A Cherry On Top.  The colors are so warm and vibrant and the images of flowers, butterflies, birds and ladybugs evoked thoughts of SPRING to me. 

These die cuts were the inspiration for this Mixed Media Monday entry in my Create Happiness Art Journal.

I started by covering a double page spread using older papers that I found in my stash from My Minds Eye "Skies The Limit" collection.  The rose and yellow paper matched the colors in the die cuts perfectly.  You would almost think they were part of the same collection, except that I've probably had this paper pack for several years.

I stamped some text and leaves in the background using stamps from Leaves & Film stamps set from Stamperia.  Using Modern Alphabet dies from Scrapbook.com, I cut the words out of brown cardstock.  The word "Sunshine" is cut from this warm, creamy yellow Glitter Paper from DCWV.  

I played around with the layout of the die cuts until I was happy with it, then layered the word "Sunshine" across the bottom of the two pages.

I added white gel pen details to some of the flower petals and called it complete.

This project is so cheerful and springy.  It makes my heart happy!  I hope it makes your heart smile too, with the hope of spring and new beginnings.

Here's a list of products I used:

K & Company Meadow Die Cuts
Stamperia Leaves & Film Stamps
Scrapbook.com Lower Case Modern Alphabet Dies
DCWV Glitter Paper Pack
Stamperia Create Happiness Journal
A Cherry On Top
Scrapbook.com


Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Yep, I'm smiling too my friend...what a BEAUTIFUL page for your journal!! The papers all match so perfectly and all the little details and touches you've added make this page just SHINE!! I love how you layed everything out to make the cohesive two page layout too...beautifully done! This whole journal is going to be wonderful to pull out on cold Winter days and bring sunshine and warmth to your life! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh is that ever beautiful, and yes it says spring all over it, I love her artwork too and you have done an amazing spread with it, that would be lovely to stand up and keep on display to be encouraging on these cold winter days!

I Card Everyone said...

We had lots of sunshine today, Birgit - but thanks as I just love the florals and pretty bird you've added to my day!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

We had a gorgeous sunny day today and now I have gorgeous flowers to finish it off! Fabulous work. This had me longing for warm summer days!

The Happy Whisk said...

Projects that bring sunshine to my soul are my jam! Love creative stuff. Cards (and candle-making), are two things that I want to get into this year. Cheers, Ivy.