Saturday, July 8, 2023

Gingerbread Baking Co.

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, brown copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.  Brown paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things."  

I would add gingerbread cookies to that list!!   So when I saw the Christmas Kickstart Challenge was "Gingerbread Treats", I knew I had to play along.  

I had recently placed an order for some of my favorite Marianne Designs Dies.  I do love their dies, and wish they were easier to find here in the states.  This Cookie Jar set is delightful, filled with windmill almond cookies, which are reminiscent of my childhood.

Each Christmas, my sisters and I would wait for the big box from my Oma in Germany to arrive.  It was always filled with our favorite German treats and these cookies would be included.  The Gingerbread Baking Co. label is from Blue Fern Studios.  I thought it would be a cute addition to the cookie jar.  I also added pinecones and poinsettias to make it festive.

Here is the Cookie Jar filled with Marleen's Gingerbread Dolls.  
I used the basket weave stencil from The Greetery to add detail to the Cookie Jar.  

And last, but not least the Cookie Jar with round cookies from the set.

I love the texture that is imprinted on the cookie when it goes through the die cutting machine.  I browned the cookies up using Vintage Photo DOX ink and added some Iced Mocha Pops of Color for the icing on the cookie, if you will!  

I'm happy to enter one of these cards into the following challenges:


Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
 

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, Birgit, those cookies look so realistic that my mouth is watering! Gorgeous makes. Thanks for joining Carol and me at Christmas Kickstart this month, Jo x

Conniecrafter said...

Oh these little treats are so sweet :) I do remember the windmill cookies, don't see them much anymore. The little gingerbread people are too cute, and I especially like the tin with the bow on top, great festive cards for Christmas! Brings back many memories.

Marcia Hill said...

What FABULOUS cards Birgit...I love, LOVE all 3!! The windmill cookies are a favorite around West Michigan too because of all the Dutch that emigrated and settled here. That cookie jar and company sign are all decorated so beautifully and I can see you were in your glory decorating all these vintage cards with your new dies! Sweet, SWEET (literally!!) post my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Donna Phelan said...

This is the sweetest Christmas in July! Truly! So many beautiful accents and details. These are very well designed.....and now I will be singing that song all day long (could be worse I suppose lol) Merry Merry!

I Card Everyone said...

I like your addition, Birgit! I adore ginger cookies - and the almond Windmill's are reminiscent of my childhood, too - I still buy them on occasion!
Darling Christmas cards - loving the cookie tins!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

The cookie tins are wonderful! These are all delightful cards, Birgit. The windmill cookies brought childhood memories rushing back! I haven't had those in years!

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh my heart, Brigit.....these cards are adorable. Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always delighted to have you share your talents and play along with us.
By the way, if you're up for a short blog hop, you can WIN some fab prizes at www.reasonableribbon.blogspot.com

cm said...

Ohmystars! Your cookie tins, filled with an assortment of delicious, spicy gingerbread cookies, are absolutely amazing. Now I'm tempted to bring out a recipe and cookie cutters and set about baking up a batch. Love them all! Thank you so much for joining us at Christmas Kickstart.
~carol