Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Spring Curio Box

Hello friends~ After getting 17" of snow dumped on us last week from a spring nor' easter and losing power for two days, I'm eagerly looking for any signs of spring in our neck of the woods.

I find solace and comfort and the hope of spring in my craft room amidst the beautiful paper flowers.

I made this spring bunny curio box using Mintay Papers Spring is Here Collection.  

The flowers and butterflies in the die cut pack are so colorful and pretty.  I layered two of the butterflies to add dimension, and a dose of WOS to add sparkle, which is slightly visible in the photo.  In real life it is very sparkly.

This little bunny and more layered flowers were just what my longing heart needed.

The box was made using Tim Holtz Curio Box.  

This picture shows pretty well, all the layers and beautiful papers.


I hope you're enjoying spring weather where ever you are.  As of today, most of the snow has melted and the spring bulbs that were buried under the snow have blossomed and bring joy and hope to my heart!  

I'll be adding this project to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters ~ Showers or Flowers
Simon Says Monday Challenge ~ Spring Flowers
Color Throwdown ~ Pink, Green and Yellow











Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

17"... I can't even... gosh I hope it melted quickly! Glad you're up and running again my friend. Hope you were able to stay toasty warm and enjoy your visiting family through all of that. Today's project has me smiling ear to ear! I love bunnies so this warms my heart, it's adorable!

Marcia Hill said...

After 17" of snow, I think I'd just stay in my craft room too Birgit, but glad to hear it's melting and signs of Spring are starting to show up! It sure has shown up in your delightful shadow box...oh my goodness, is this ever beautiful! The papers and ephemera are sooooo pretty and you have put them all together so perfectly! What a lovely, lovely treasure you have created!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge...love seeing you in the gallery!! Hugs. :0)

blbabe1234 said...

Wow! That's alot of snow!

Gorgeous box. LOVE the bunny and all the layers.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm thinking your bulbs were lucky to have that protection, Birgit - my new bulbs were all eaten by the pesky rabbit that lives next door!!
It does not keep me from loving your bunny and all of the beauty in your Spring curio box!
=]

I Card Everyone said...

Me again! Thanks so very much for sharing this little layered work of art with us at The Flower Challenge!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, noooo, that's a lot of snow! I'd be hiding out in my craft room, too. Spring is late to arrive here, as well, but at least we don't have snow. Birgit, your box is the most enchanting and delightful thing with the bunny and flowers and pretty papers. Whether you gift it or keep it as a curio box it's a treasure!

Conniecrafter said...

Good to hear the snow has melted for you and you are enjoying the beautiful signs of spring. that bunny is just the sweetest and I love this little box you have made to give him a sweet home among the flowers. That is beautiful papers!

Lena said...

OMGoodness, Birgit, I can't even imagine! You need to come for a visit to my neck of the woods where temps are in the mid 80's already and the sun is shining beautifully almost every day. We are getting some Spring showers, but they're very welcome for our plants and flowers. It's wonderful to see my garden come alive. After the last freeze, my garden went from a lush green to a bunch of brown sticks. It was so very sad to see this happen in less than 24 hours. We're just not made for these freezes that sneak up on us every once in a while :-)
Your box is gorgeous! It will make such a sweet piece of Spring decor. Love it!
Hugs,
Lena

Broni said...

What a beautiful creation! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Darlene said...

WOW this is amazing my friend! Beautiful crafted!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B