Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Fun With Shapes ~ Double D Challenge

Hello crafty friends ~ It's hard to believe that summer is nearing its end.  The flowers in the gardens are blooming their last blooms, getting ready to rest for the winter.  But here I digress.  It's Wednesday, so that means Double D Challenge has a new challenge for you, and this one will get your creative wheels turning, as the theme is "SHAPES".

I admit to being stumped by this challenge at first.  Finally I started browsing Pinterest and found a card using flags that were rectangle in shape.  I have some of those!!

In fact, how many shapes do you see on this card?  Triangles, circles, ovals, rectangles and stars.

Crisis averted.  I love how this card came out and I hope you'll find some creative inspiration using this wonderful mood board that Darlene put together.


Here's the prize you could win when you play along:


I can't wait to see what you come up with for this fun challenge over at Double D Challenge.  It's always a joy looking at your cards in the line up.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


11 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

You have used all of the shapes in such a lovely manner! Love the layered panels and die cuts! This is sweet!

Darlene said...

OMG how cute this is ... awesome & fun design! Well done my friend ... thanks!

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, I think you have almost every shape covered here on your cute card!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

You definitely used all the shapes Birgit and put them all together brilliantly I might add! Such a fun and lovely, lovely card my friend...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Vicki said...

This is such a delight, Birgit! I love all of the pretty pinks and pop of yellow. So many great elements on that library card background. The gingham, lace and floral tab are beautiful.

Barbara said...

Using lots of shapes was a brilliant idea! This card is just so attractive and enjoyable. I love the soft colors and the total design.

Judy Woodland said...

Your card is right up my alley. I have been loving doing collage cards lately and yours really fits the bill. It's so stinkin' cute, I love all your sweet elements here.

Lisa Elton said...

You have a wonderful mix of shapes on this charming card! My favorite is the sweet floral tab at the top!

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, you came up with some great shapes and it all works together so pretty you wouldn't know that was the theme

aussie aNNie said...

What a beautiful card design! Gorgeous colours too and awesome images used.. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how fun! You've got all kinds of shapes and I love how you've used all the patterned papers and made it look just right!