Hello dearies ~
What started out to be a Christmas card, turned into a Halloween card. I had seen a Christmas card with this style of background on Pinterest and set out to make one for myself.
Using Waffle Flower Postage Stamp stencil and die, I pulled out Crackling Campfire DOX ink but when I put ink to the kraft cardstock it was orange and not red. I had never used this color before and the color on the cover looked red to me. It was a head slapping moment for me when I realized campfire isn't normally red. Anyway, I proceeded to turn this into a Halloween card by stamping some postage and Halloween images into the sections of the stamps. I also added some black ink splatters and set that aside to dry while I perused the Halloween dies.
Spellbinders Woof-or-Treat die won out. I bought this little guy last year and never used it so this is his maiden voyage.
The sentiment and spider are both from Poppystamps. You can see in the close up that I added some Onyx Black Liquid Pearls to their eyes. Isn't that the life of a crafter, sometimes we just have to switch gears and let the process play out. I like how the background has a vintage-y look to it. I will try again to make a Christmas background.
I'll be adding this card to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
Two Old Bats Halloween ~ Anything Goes
Cut It Up ~ Black and OrangeA Cut Above ~ September Anything Goes

No comments:
Post a Comment