Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Pinterest Inspired Pale Pumpkin

Good morning friends~ I made this card back in September and never got around to posting it until today when I saw the challenge going on over at The Card Concept where the challenge is using neutrals.


I started by dry embossing the card base using a Tim Holtz Alterations Embossing Folder. The pumpkin was made using 5 ovals cut out of parchment paper, using the Scalloped Stitched Oval die set from My Creative Time. I used MFT's Leaf Filled Flourish and Royal Leaves for the greens. I punched some flowers using Martha Stewarts Hydrangea punch and colored the centers using a Zig Real Brush Pen and added stickles to the centers to add a little texture. I purposely didn't add a sentiment so it could be used for any general fall occasion.
I used this photo found on A Homemade Living as inspiration


I'll also be adding this card to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge

Thanks so much for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

7 comments:

Birgit said...

That is a cool concept to create a pumpkin. A very pretty card indeed

Marcia Hill said...

Loving your oval shapes pumpkin Birgit and especially the color...I am so in love with fall decorations made from off white pumpkins right now! And I love the embossed background too...so soft and delicate looking. Beautiful, beautiful card!! :0)

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous neutral colors on your beautiful pumpkin! I love your background with it!

laurie said...

Wow! This is so pretty! I love how you made the pumpkin, and those flowers really set it off! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Vicki Burdick said...

Adorable, thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept!

Vicki Burdick said...

Adorable, thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful! Love your pumpkin! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Deanne :)