Tuesday, July 17, 2018

PTI Make-it Monday ~ Creating Stencils with Die Cuts

Hello ~ I'm popping in with a card I made for the PTI Make-It Monday Challenge.  Melissa showed us a great idea using dies to create stencils for our projects.
I started by creating a stencil using the Shape Shifters Oval Die.  I stenciled the leafy design onto a stitched oval cut from Noted: Scalloped A1 Die Collection and framed it onto a Mix & Mat Pretty Brackets Die.  

I added flowers from Seasonal Borders: Summer and a sentiment from Bold & Beautiful stamp set.


All that was adhered to a pretty polka dotted aqua panel cut using Noted: Pinked A2 Vertical Die.  What a pretty technique!  I really enjoyed layering all the different shapes together and stenciling the design on the oval.

You can find all the details and join in on Melissa's fun challenge here.

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is layered in lovelies Birgit! I haven't watched Melissa's video yet, looks like a fun technique!

Marcia Hill said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card my friend!! I'm loving all the layers and the bright and tropical feel to this card! Loving that soft stenciling too!! Lovely, lovely card Birgit!! :0)

Verna Angerhofer said...

It is a beautiful card with all the fantastic layers and pretty flowers

Conniecrafter said...

It is always great to have more than one use for our tools, you have done a lovely job with this stencil and I just love your beautiful flower arrangement!!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful colors and lovely design! That cluster of flowers is magnificent!

lainey said...

What a beautiful, bright and bold color combination!

Sharron said...

Gorgeous blooms, Birgit! Love your design with the added stenciling!

TLady said...

WOW! You did a BEAUTIFUL JOB with your flowers!!! SO BRIGHT & CHEERY! Makes me think of Dawn's cards! SUPER JOB!!!! ;)

TLady said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your win, Birgit!!!!! ;)

Vikki H said...

Beautiful colors, stamps, stenciling and design, Birgit! So happy the random guy found your #~

Helen F. said...

Oh this is so beautiful and colorful, Birgit! A true winner ~ Congrats and happy shopping :-)