Monday, November 27, 2023

Christmas Postage

Hello friends!  


The gals over at Sunday Stamps have a delightful inspiration board for you.  I loved the earthy tones with red and deep green, and I just happened to have recently made these two cards using those colors.  How perfect!!


My mom had these beautiful 8x8 papers of winter scenes painted by the amazing "Painter of Light", Thomas Kinkade.  I've sat on this bundle of papers for quite a few years now, wondering if I would ever use them.  Well, I'm so glad I did! I cut the front panel of the scenery using Waffle Flowers Postage Stamp die and mounted it to a panel of kraft cardstock.  I distressed around all the edges using Walnut Stain DOX ink.  I added these enamel stickers that I've had in my stash for ages.  Another box checked for using up ancient supplies!  

I popped the front panel up using foam tape, to make a slider pocket.   

 
Using the portion of the image that I had cut off for the front of the card, I made a slide out tag, adding some postage art stamps.  

I heat embossed the sentiment using chunky gold embossing powder.

I really loved how the postage die cut the panel of printed cardstock.  It looks like a page of stamps that I wouldn't dare cut apart!


The second card was much more simple than the first, as it's not a slider at all.

It's just wrapped up in prettiness!


I'll be adding one of these cards to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Oh my goodness, such beautiful cards! Love the colors and images! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Lisa Elton said...

Those papers could not be in better hands, Birgit! You knew exactly how to use them to show their beauty. These are wonderful!

Melissa Grant said...

Birgit, your cards are lovely! I love the traditional, vintage look of them, very nice. Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

Marcia Hill said...

I know I've said it before Birgit, but you truly do vintage like no one else!! Both of these cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I love that you used dsp from your mom...what a sweet memory these cards must invoke!! And that postage die worked so wonderfully for both of the cards too! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Just an incredible use of Mom's phenomenal papers, Birgit! The extra detail the slide out gives to your first card is wonderful!
I'll have to keep this in mind the next time I get that Postage Collage die out! ps I never use/cut apart those stamps either!
=]

Conniecrafter said...

Those are lovely images and that die is so neat with them! I love the tag insert idea, great use for the extra bit you had. Those stickers were a lovely touch to go with them!

Donna Phelan said...

These are so beautiful! Love the rustic vibes they're giving off. Yes, Kinkaid--ever been to one of his galleries? They have dimmer switches all around so you can really experience his use of light, simple amazing! These papers are lovely! Glad your Mom had them and you hung on to them too! That pocket tag is fantastic! Such a wonderful Post! Merry Merry! Oh and I adore that WF Postage Collage, I bought the bundle too, a Post coming soon lol

dj said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Warm Winter Wishes" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! I love the vintage scene you created using our color palette!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SSC323

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning with this gorgeous design, amazing creativity and beautiful colours xx

Karen Letchworth said...

How cool. This is really lovely, and i want to thank you for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday.