Monday, January 27, 2014

You're My Cup of Tea

Hello paper lovers~ I'm posting this card I made today to fill two challenges. The Kraft Journal is hosting a sketch challenge #156 and The Shabby Tea Room is having a warm & cozy challenge. Here's the card I made to meet both of those challenges.
I used a Kraft cardstock base. The tea cup is from PTI and I believe the sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp. I embossed all of the cream colored cardstock pieces using embossing folders from sissix and the smallest piece, that the tea cup is on, is embossed using a scrap piece of burlap that I folded around my piece of cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug. Twill and lace are added to the center and I think they give it a very neutral, feminine touch. Thanks for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

4 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

What a beautiful card! I love the embossed details and the pretty ribbon and lace! So glad you could join us in the Tea Room this week!

Tina M said...

Ohh how pretty...love all those different textures created with the different embossing and subtle patterned paper. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Kristi said...

Very sweet and soft! Love the textures you used! Thank you for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal!♥

Sleepy Stamper said...

Beautiful card! Love neutral pallet along with the lovely embossing! Thank you for joining us this week over at The Kraft Journal!
Anitra