Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mixing & Matching Patterned Papers

Yes, another post today, also for PTI. Danielle Flanders did a great video on creating your own patterned papers. She makes it look very easy but I'm not great at mixing and matching patterned papers though it has been fun making them and putting them together.
Anyway, here's my card for the MIM Challenge.
We'll start with the papers. I pretty much went with the same patterns that Danielle did, just changing my color palette.

The large checked dot is from Ruby Rose, the small dot from Happiness in Bloom. I also used Brushed Blooms, Background Basics Gingham & Note Niblets.
My colors are Ripe Avacado, Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile and Fine Linen.

Here's my cards
Using You've Been Framed Oval.

Using the label from Everyday Treats.

Using Sentiment Splits Horizontal.


Using the other label from Everyday Treats and the Heart Border Die.

I got 5 cards out of those 5 printed papers! Thanks Danielle for a fun challenge and for adding some great colorful cards to my stash!
Be sure to check out everyone else's fabulous creations from this challenge.
Thanks for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

22 comments:

Barb Kirkwood said...

Great job, beautiful colors scheme. I love all of them!

Marybeth said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! Your stamped patterned papers are stunning and so are your cards,Birgit! Each one is gorgeous love the way you used your new stamps and dies!

Danielle Flanders said...

Oh my gosh! These are stunning! You rocked it!! So many beautiful cards!! And the color palette is stunning too. I want to make these! ;)
Danielle

Vikki H said...

Love, love, love these colors, designs & resulting cards! super job~

Melissa Sibert said...

Simply lovely papers and cards.

Linda said...

Awesome cards Birgit. Your patterned papers are so fabulous and all of your cards are so beautiful.

Polly said...

Great paper designs and lovely cards, Birgit.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW! I am SO impressed Birgit! Your papers are just beautiful (LOVE your colors!) and I am in awe of the 5 stunning cards you put together! You go to the head of the class with these cards Birgit...every one of them is perfect!! :0)

Barbara said...

I am so impress that you were able to make five beautiful cards from the papers that you made. I am inspired, to say the least!

Birgit said...

This is so great how you did the mix and match and look at all the wonderful cards you made. It is like a wardrobe using 4 things to such marvoulous effect

Kara Lynne said...

That is some serious cardmaking! I need to study this better so I can figure out how you made so many out of your papers. Wonderful cards, I really love the Brushed Blooms as the focus!

Unknown said...

I can't even pick a favorite! Each one is absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Kathryn A said...

Awesome! Love ALL of your cards!

Angela Lemmons said...

You did such an amazing job!! I love every card!!

uncbballfan said...

Love these! They make me want to get rid of all the patterned paper I've bought and make my own!

Luanne said...

Eeek! I love these!! I'm inspired to try some of my own!

Kathy Mc said...

Oh my, Birgit, you really nailed this challenge so beautifully done by Danielle! Love your color choices and the fact you finished 5 cards combining your perfectly executed patterned papers. Awesome job!

The Paper Toile said...

Oh, wow! These are absolutely beautiful, Birgit! I love, love, love the colors and patterns you chose. So sunny and refreshing!

Nancy Penir said...

LOVE them all, Birgit! Especially the Mother's Day card. Your papers turned out fabulous!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful!

Diana K said...

You rocked the challenge, big-time, Birgit! I would BUY your patterned papers, that's how much I love all of them. Cheerful and bright perfection.

Connie MacFarlane said...

Absolutely stunning Birgit! Great job on creating all of those fabulous patterned paper designs and the way you put them all together to create some wonderful cards.