Thursday, June 1, 2017

Room For Baby

Baby cards are one of my favorite types of cards to make.  It's always a happy celebration and these dies from Taylored Expressions have been sitting in my pile of NBUS for way too long so it's time to bust them out and give them some love!  


 I started by cutting all the shapes from Build A Scene Nursery and Rocking Horse out of white cardstock.

I colored some of the dies using Copic markers and left the crib and rocking chair white.

 I cut the front panel from printed paper using an Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangle with an Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Oval cut from the center to create a window.  I backed the printed paper using Double Sided Adhesive Thick Foam Sheets from Cheery Lynn to give it dimension.  

I then used the coordinating Elizabeth Craft Designs Dotted Scallop Oval with the same Stitched Oval cut out of the center to create a white scalloped frame to frame the window in the front panel.  

To help me decide how I wanted to layout the scene in the window, I used the center oval die and played around with the layout until I found the one I liked.

I used the negative piece of the oval and adhered some printed papers onto the front, then trimmed around the edges.  I adhered the die cuts using Glossy Accents.  

I finished the card off by adhering the front window panel over the top of the card front.

I like how the scene is inset from the card front giving it dimension and interest.

Here's a list of products that can be found at Dies R Us:
 Taylored Expressions - Dies - Little Bits - Rocking Horse Elizabeth Craft Designs - Stitched Rectangles  Elizabeth Craft Designs - Dies - Dotted Scallop Ovals Elizabeth Craft Designs - Stitched Ovals Cheery Lynn Designs - Shaker - Double Sided Adhesvie Thick Foam Sheets

I hope you're inspired by today's project.  Don't forget to join in on all the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

I'll also be adding this card to the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge ~ Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit


9 comments:

Janice said...

I love this nursery scene! Such pretty colours too :-)

Marcia Hill said...

This is so darn cute Birgit! It really does look like a little nursery scene! And I love the DSP you used and the shading with your Copics...cute, cute, CUTE!! :0)

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

This is so real looking, Birgit. Love the wooden floor to tie it all together. Such a nice scene card.

Lisa Elton said...

Darling card!!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh so sweet! I am consumed by all things baby! lol What a beautiful little room you have created, great dies! I love that hooked rug--too cute!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness that is totally adorable!! Perfect papers, shading and love the layers on the carpet, Fantastic!

Patti said...

What an adorable scene! I can almost smell the baby powder! : )

Patti

debby4000 said...

Oh my what an adorable scene, love your card. I need all those dies.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Jeanne J. said...

What a wonderful scene you created! You're rockin the die cuts Birgit!