Saturday, October 7, 2023

Sugar Is Sweet ~ ScrapbookPal

Hello friends!  Today's project is super sweet in every way, using products from Honeybee Stamps, that I found at ScrapbookPal.


Let me introduce you to Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers: Fall TreatsIf you have a sweet tooth, this set is for you!  This die set is filled with iconic candy shapes like Swedish Fish, Gummy Bears, Candy Corn, wrapped candies, jelly beans and more!   

I started by cutting out several of the candy dies in soft, pastel colors that coordinated well together.  Some of the candies have two layers, so once I glued them together using Bearly Art Precision Liquid Glue, I went around the edge of each candy with coordinating Distress Oxide Ink using a blending sponge.

  The dies have etched details, which give them a realistic look.  I also added some accents using a white gel pen.

Once the candies were done, I moved on to the card front.  I created a frame using the Honey Bee Stamps Fancy Fall Layering Frames by inlaying the large oval frame inside the large rectangle frame die.  I cut the frame out of warm yellow cardstock.  These dies have beautifully embossed details!  
  
To enhance the details, I used a Ranger Ink Distress Brayer and rolled Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink over the top of the embossed frame.  This really made the details in the frame stand out.

I then started gluing the candies over the top of the frame in a random pattern, keeping a balance of colors around the frame.  I stamped the sentiments from Honey Bee Stamps Mini Messages: Sweets and adhered them using Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Squares to add dimension to the card. 

This card sure made my mouth water!  It came out super sweet!

Here's a list of products I used that can be found at ScrapbookPal:

Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers:  Fall Treats
Honey Bee Stamps Mini Messages:  Sweets
Honey Bee Stamps Fancy Fall Layering Frames
Distress Oxide Ink
Ranger Ink Medium Distress Brayer
Foam Squares
Bearly Art Precision Liquid Glue


Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

How sweet is this??! I think those little gummi bears are my favorite (although not to eat...give me chocolate any day!!)...they are just too CUTE!! LOVE the frame too Birgit...it looks great with the mustard seed ink added over the design! I think I need to go see if I have any candy in the house now after seeing this sweet, SWEET card! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

I see this set getting a lot of use as those little grands of yours get older! Cute card, Birgit!

I Card Everyone said...

All of my favorite treats, Birgit - especially those black jelly beans! What a fun set and darling card!
=]

Lena said...

Those candies look absolutely delicious. Your card is fun and super "sweet" :-) It reminded me that my son loves the Swedish Jelly Fish - need to find him some for Halloween. Take care, my friend.
❤Lena
Lena’s Creations

Barbara said...

Birgit, I have signed up for your blog without success until now. I am so glad that I tried one more time. This post is like a Jennifer McGuire post. Lovely pictures of how you created this lovely and sweet card filled with candies that you have individually decorated. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Love the li'l candies

Conniecrafter said...

So cute and fun, like the way you layered them and created a frame with them to go around your sentiment. I don't know where I have been but I have never heard of Swedish fish before, maybe that was an east coast thing that us midwest people were not introduced to.

Donna Phelan said...

Super Sweet--literally! lol Love all of the pretty colors and yummy candy! What a great way to frame out the card!