Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Sparkle & Shine ~ Double D

Good morning friends~ There's a new challenge starting up over at Double D Challenges, and the theme is "Sparkle & Shine".

For my card today, I used Spellbinders Infinity Punch & Pierce Plate from the Stylish Ovals Collection to create the background, adding a piece of Foiled Vellum from the Serenade of Autumn Collection to shine through in the center oval.  The butterfly is a Dimensional Autumn Butterfly Sticker from the same Serenade of Autumn Collection.  I added a trio of Gold Flecked Gemstones for a finishing touch.  

While I had all the supplies out I figured I'd make a second card because two is always better than one.  Right?

Now it's your turn to join in on the fun!  Flutter on over to the Double D Challenge blog and see more amazing inspiration from my talented team mates.

Here's the inspiration board to help jump start your creative juices:

And here's what you could win when you play along:


ETA:  I've also added one of these cards to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge ~ Sparkle & Shine

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Oh wow! 2 gorgeous beauties! Love the foiled Vellum, it is just so pretty! Your butterflies are fabulous and that background plate looks amazing!

Diane said...

Both cards are gorgeous!! Beautiful shimmery shine on both, those butterflies are gorgeous and love the pierced plate you have used, will have to check that out at SB!!

Darlene said...

WOW these are both just stunning! That punch & pierce plate on the first card is amazing too! WOW beautiful work my friend!

Vicki said...

Absolutely stunning cards, Birgit! Wow, the die cut design on the first one is amazing. Love the gold embossed vellum. Beautiful butterfly and details.

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these are SO pretty Birgit and oh so elegant!! I love that SB plate die you used and the foiling and butterflies and every last little detail you added to these cards...both so beautifully done!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, remember how excited I was when Marcia and I each bought that Glimmer machine? Let's just say that I'm glad to know there are beautiful vellum/foiled papers to BUY! I'd never get these crisp foiled papers with my machine!
Gorgeous use of the papers, and these lovely ovals and butterflies!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, they're both gorgeous! The pretty gold printed vellum adds such a soft touch and looks wonderful with the exquisite butterflies. I like how you put that smallest oval to work on your second. Also, I have to say those gemstones are the most interesting I've seen in a while. All over beautifully done, Birgit!

blbabe1234 said...

Those are gorgeous! LOVE all that gold!

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, two is better than one and both of them are beautiful! Love that foiled vellum to bits and those butterflies are darling!

Doni High said...

Both cards are absolutely beautiful!

Conniecrafter said...

They are both just gorgeous, love the gold touches on each and the backgrounds on both of them are so lovely!

aussie aNNie said...

Creativity and beauty all in one show.. Great design ♥

Judy Woodland said...

Oh wow, these are just beautiful. Using that vellum is GENIUS, it's so stinkin' GORGEOUS!!! Your butterflies are stunning too, simply fabulous all the way around!

Barbara said...

Our company left today and now I have time to comment, I hope you didn’t think I forgot. Both of these cards are so elegant and you added just the right amount of shine and sparkle. I have these dies, and I am pinny these for future inspiration.

Linda said...

Birgit, such beautiful, elegant cards. So stunning, my friend.