Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Valentine Curio Box Ornament & Decorations

Hello crafty peeps!  Just thought I'd pop on and share another vintage inspired creation with you.

I made this little cutie last year, but never took pictures or shared. 

It is a curio box ornament that I made using Eileen Hull's Passport Book Die.  It's supposed to open like a book, but I glue the cover on and fill it with treasures.

As you can see, I added some moss to the inside on the bottom and tucked two little foam mushrooms inside.  

I did some postal stamping on the front and added some handmade rolled roses and some purchased flowers I found at Hobby Lobby.  The leaves are die cuts.

As promised in my last post, here are some photo's of my Valentine's Day decorations on display.
 
This stepback cupboard gets changed out seasonally.  It one of the only places in my house that gets changed often.  Otherwise, my decor stays pretty much the same, except at Christmas, when I decorate the entire house.

The bottom two shelves...


In focus:



In focus:
The OXO is a vintage tin that I made a few years ago.  The little red deer is so retro!



I'll come back another day to share my most recent make, which was a Dollar Store find.  HINT:  You can see it in one or more of these photos.
Hope you'll come back!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

What a FUN, FUN post Birgit! First off, your little Valentine box ornament is absolutely precious...that little gal is just so sweet looking and I'm loving the plaid background with the postal marks! And secondly, your decorations are FABULOUS and what an awesome cabinet to display them all! I can just imagine your vintage loving heart smiling every time you pass by this display! Can't wait to see what the dollar store find is... Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

Such a cute vintage image and it is showcased so nicely in that book die, I like the moss and mushrooms you added and of course all those lovely flowers. You have a great valentine collection there, so fun!

I Card Everyone said...

This little charmer reminds me of Shirley Temple, Birgit! OH what treasures you have in your curio cabinet - all just darling!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

There is a whole lot of sweetness happening at your house!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful creation, love how you can hang it, such a lovely vintage vibe! And your cupboard--YOWZA!!! That looks amazing--so much better than mine little 2 tiered tray! What a gorgeous collection. It's fun and fabulous!