Saturday, June 8, 2024

Bluebirds

Hello friends ~ Happy Saturday!  For the past several weeks we've had a pair of bluebirds nesting in a decorative birdhouse just outside our front door.  They're the sweetest little couple! 

 When I saw the Triple B Challenge for June, I just had to play along, especially since I had also recently received this sweet set of Spring Birds dies from Honeybee stamps.

I had also ordered the Cherry Blossoms at the same time.  They make the perfect pair!

Each morning I would open our front door and the mama and papa bluebirds would fly out of the birdhouse into the maple tree, not too far from their home, while I filled the tray feeder with some mixed birdseed.  Once I was back inside with the door closed, they would both fly down to the tray feeder to eat some breakfast.  This became our morning routine for a few weeks.  

They've now flown the nest, I expect with their little brood of babies.  I was happy to have a small part in their family's upbringing.

I'll be entering this card into the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Diane said...

HI Birgit, I just had to pop in and tell you how much I LOVED your bluebird card, every single detail is perfect and lucky you to get to see bluebirds at their nest, I get so excited when I see bluebirds as it is rare, we now have an Oriole nest by us and she sings daily (all day), drives the hubby nuts but I LOVE listening to her!!

I Card Everyone said...

How wonderful - treat them to meal worms and you'll have friends for life who will even bring their little ones, Birgit! Ask me how I know!
I adore your Bluebird, and the sweet Cherry blossoms!
=]

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful Blue Bird--I have never seen them in my yard, boo! But after revamping all of my gardens (dare I say I will finish this week?) I need to rework 2 birdhouses, maybe they'll like a new place to live lol Anyways, back to this beauty! Love the blue and white gingham background, of course that fabulous blue bird and your pretty cherry blossoms. This card has it all including a sweet little story about bird families and breakfast! Love it!

Marcia Hill said...

No bluebirds near us, but we do see blue jays once in awhile, and I love their bright blue coloring! Your bluebird and cherry blossoms are SOOOOO pretty and your story about the bluebird family just melted my heart! What a good friend you are to some of Gods smallest creatures Birgit!! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

How fun to be apart of helping these birds make it on their way, such a beautiful card, and I agree the flowers and birds work so well together. Lovely coloring of the bird!

blbabe1234 said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE the blue bird and the flowers.

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, I love the bird and your whole card! The gingham adds such a friendly touch to it. How wonderful to have bluebirds nesting and feeding in your garden. We don't have bluebirds, but do have Stellar's Jays that return to the same nest every year. They're a boisterous lot, not nearly as sweet as bluebirds.