Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Reach For The Stars ~ Double D Challenge

Good morning crafty friends!  It's the middle Wednesday of the month so that means it's time for a new challenge over at Double D Challenges.  The theme for this week is "Reach For the Stars".  

For some reason when I was writing down the challenge themes on my calendar, I simply wrote down "stars".  

So, with stars in minds, I thought about making a card for Independence Day.  I hope that works.  We'll see if this gets me kicked off the team.  😅

Before you get too excited about my fantastic design for a card, let me say that I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest that had this tall, slimline, angle cut that I put my own spin on.

The stars are cut from white cardstock, white glitter cardstock and newsprint cardstock.  I like the variety it gives.

This is the inside of the card with space to write my good wishes on.

I tried to remember the name of this style card.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Is it a Z-fold angled card??

Anyway, you'll find lots of amazing inspiration using stars over at the Double D Challenge Blog.  I do hope you'll pop over to see what my talented team mates have come up with.

Here's the inspiration board to help jump start your creativity:

And here's what you could win when you play along:

Before you go, I want to share with you that my good friend and team mate Vicki Robertson is starting a new challenge called "A Cut Above".  It's a challenge that focuses on using dies, so it's right up my alley.  Her first challenge will start on July 1st.  I hope you'll hop on over to her blog, become a follower and join in on the fun.

I'll be adding this card to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, this card is a stunner!! So creative and clever and love all the papers and dies you put together to create this awesome card and 'kicked' off the team, hahahaha, you are so funny!!

Barbara said...

Oh Wow! As I scrolled down this post for the first time, I had to stop and tell you how much I love this card. I love your colors and the design and how it looks a bit antique, but just the right amount. Those stars going off the card are just so dreamy! I love it all!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This card is AMAZING Birgit! I've seen this fold on an A2 size card before, but never on a slimline and I love, LOVE it! I love the whole distressed look to this card too! You have definitely aced this challenge IMHO!! Well done! Hugs. :0)

Darlene said...

WOW this is outstanding and absolutely beautiful! LOVE your design and all the patriotic elements! Your blog background is fabulous as well! YOU GO GIRL!! So honored to call you my friend!!!

Vicki said...

Wowzers! This is one spectacular display of climbing stars! Love the vintage papers and design. Hmm...I think you're safe and I would be lost without your inspiration. This card makes me want to stand and put my hand over my heart.

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie wow! I've seen this fold before, but never with a card I love this much. Your papers and stars are amazing combined with this fold and your fabulous design skills. No chance of getting kicked off the team with inspiration like this! Anyway, if that's the case I would be long gone.

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, I could NOT love this more!! Vintage, patriotic, and an absolutely FANTASTIC fun fold card!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

What a FANTASTIC card, Birgit! Love that you did this fun fold on a slimline. SO many wonderful details. Took a little stroll back through to see what I missed while away. Love your cute Poppy card!

Lena said...

This is such a fun and very patriotic card, Birgit. Love it! I've looked thru all your projects and they are ALL beautiful. It's always such a treat to look thru your blog. I'm sorry I haven't been around the last couple of weeks. I've been busy getting all my DT projects completed and scheduled for when we're on holiday.
Enjoy your day!
Hugs,
Lena

Judy Woodland said...

What a perfect 4th of July card, I feel patriotic just looking at it. I LOVE what you have done with the stars, and the shabby chic look is wonderful. This is really pretty!!!

Conniecrafter said...

It turned out terrific, I love how you layered the stars, each panel a different color and the vintage feel it has, like the US with the heart in the middle too!

Donna Phelan said...

NEVER! There would be an uproar if that ever occurred lol I adore this fancy fun fold, it's a perfect spot for all of your perfect stars! Makes for one great 4th of July card! Love it!