Thursday, June 13, 2024

I'm Glad We're Friends

Hello crafty friends~  Today's card is one that I made during NSD events that took place over at A Cherry On Top.  

We were challenged to use 6 strips of washi tape.  I took on this challenge, knowing that it would help me use up some washi tapes, which I hardly ever use anymore.  

I laid out six strips in random widths and color onto a piece of white cardstock and cut them with a PTI Stitched Primitive Heart.

The "hi" is from Spellbinders.  

The background papers are also from Spellbinders.  I simply added another strip of gold glittered washi tape down to side for extra credit.    I enjoy challenges like these to help me use supplies that otherwise are sadly neglected.

I'll be adding this card to the following challenges:
Word Power ~ where the sentiment is the focus of the card
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

What an awesome way to use washi tape Birgit, and I love the way that heart turned out...it all looks just like it was meant to be! Loving the BIG "hi" sentiment too! Sweet, sweet card my friend...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Perfect! This looks so cute, Birgit! Great way to use the washi tape, and the big "hi" is fabulous! Very fun and cheerful!

Donna Phelan said...

LOVE your Washi Tape Heart, so pretty, so cool! That large die cut hi looks great and the sub sentiment is perfect! This is FAB!

Conniecrafter said...

I have many washi tape too, love the way you used yours on this card, love the big HI too!

Carol L said...

That's a very creative and pretty way to use washi tapes to create the heart! That big sentiment is fantastic too! Way to use that word power!

Darlene said...

WOW look at you go with that washi tape! You're so creative!!! I'm so glad we are friends too! OH! I just assumed you were speaking to me! LOL Anyways, Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our WORD POWER challenge my friend! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power