Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Golden Fall Celebrations ~ TSOC

Happy Fall Y'all!  I love the crisp fall air and all the colors that come along with fall.  Don't you?  Today's card is in remembrance of both of my parents.  They celebrated their birthdays October 2nd and 3rd.  While they're no longer with me, October holds special memories in my heart for them because, aside from their birthdays it's also their anniversary month as well as mine and my hubbies anniversary month.  Lots to remember and celebrate!

This card was made for the new challenge starting up over at The Sisterhood of Crafters "Golden Fall" challenge.  We'd like to see you use gold on your project.

For my card, I started by cutting a piece of gold shimmer card stock with a Frantic Stamper Spiral Rose cover die and mounting it onto a Neenah Solar White 110lb card stock card base. 

 I  had this Concord & 9th Happy Day cake image left over from a previous 12 kits that I colored up in fall colors using Copic markers.

This card is to celebrate all the good things that the fall season gives.  

Now it's YOUR turn to play along.  You can find all the details at The Sisterhood of Crafters or by clicking here.  We look forward to seeing what you create!

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

OMGoodness, that background die cut in gold is glorious! That cake looks deliciously yummy too! FAB card!

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful in every way Birgit! HUGS

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Birgit!! I love the gold background and all the detail, but your coloring on that cake is what steals the show...it's FABULOUS!! Lovely, lovely card and it totally shows how much of your heart went into it! Hugs. :0)

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful. The gold and white background is so elegant and I love the cake coloring too.

Lisa Elton said...

You've colored that pretty cake to perfection Birgit, my goodness! This is an incredible card!

Debbie Mageed said...

So pretty! Your birthday cake looks good enough to eat! Have a great week!

Vicki said...

So elegant, Birgit! That background die is amazing. This would be great for a golden wedding anniversary.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow, this month holds a lot of memories for you doesn't it. My hubby and I were also married in October, today is our 37 anniversary :) I love how you colored up that cake and that die all in gold is gorgeous, great choice!