Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Kiss The Cook ~ TSOC ~ Lots Of Layers

Good morning friends.  My mother was an excellent cook.  In fact, she was in her happy place when she was in the kitchen.  Unfortunately I did not inherit that trait.  I don't enjoy cooking.  I enjoy eating.  I have some leftover design paper from Bo Bunny called Kiss The cook and it was perfect for the new challenge starting over at The Sisterhood of Crafters.  The theme is "Lots of Layers".  Have a look:


YUMMY, right?  I layered all those luscious patterns, using their pre-printed images for the focal point.  

Then I made some flowers using MFT's Layered Roses and Top Dog Dies Pretty Petals.  I was so sad when Top Dog Dies closed their doors.  I really liked their unique dies.  The greens are Cheery Lynn's Olive Branch.

I added a bit of distress ink to the edges of the cream star flowers.  Add a few stamen for the center and candy dots for the centers of the red flowers.  Done!


 Sweet and yummy and ready brighten someone's day.  

Now it's YOUR turn to play along.  You can find all the details at The Sisterhood of Crafters or by clicking here.  We look forward to seeing what you create!

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Janice said...

Such pretty papers Birgit, love your layered cooking themed cards! Those flowers are amazing too!

Swissie said...

Great cards, Birgit!
I understand you. I don't love cooking either. I have to cook every evening. But I love baking!!!
And here I can nearly smell the cherry pie on your card. Yummy!

Greetings, hugs and blessings from Liv in Switzerland.
(I'm now your new follower)

I Card Everyone said...

So very sweet, Birgit... I love to cook, AND eat! Your love of vintage is showing beautifully here, my friend.
=]

Darlene said...

OMG these are all so cute! Great job my friend! LOVE that apron!! Hugs & Happy Day to you!

Diane said...

Loving your yummy cards, all are fabulously designed, I have to admit I do like to cook and eat too and when I got married I didn't even know how to boil water , but 3 kids later I sure learned FAST lol!!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh Birgit...could these cards be any sweeter?!! Loving the DSP you used on all 3 of them...layered to perfection my friend!! And I don't enjoy cooking any more either, but I love eating and your cards have definitely made me hungry!! Especially for some warm chocolate chip cookies!! Beautifully done cards Birgit!! Hugs. :0)

Debbie Mageed said...

Such pretty cards! Papers are perfect for this challenge. I'm with you, Birgit - much rather be crafting than cooking! I am a good cook though, but don't want to spend any more time in the kitchen than I have to. Have a great rest of your week!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love all the wonderful cards with the cooking theme.

Vicki said...

Fabulous cards, Birgit! Love the different layered patterns and the flowers are gorgeous! Such pretty colors too. I'll take them all!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderfully layered and perfectly charming! Your mom would enjoy them so much Birgit... I do!!

Conniecrafter said...

I had to laugh because it is the same with me, I don't really care about cooking, and even more so now that it is just my husband and I, You did a great job with your layering on these. pretty papers and great images!