Wednesday, March 6, 2024

First Signs of Spring ~ Double D Challenges

Hello my friends.  It's the first Wednesday of the month so that means that Double D Challenges has started a new challenge.  This one is dear to my heart as I look eagerly for the "First Signs of Spring".  

I haven't used the Hourglass Frame Die from The Greetery in quite some time.  I think it was due for some love.  I cut two frame layers, one from white cardstock and one from this pretty glittery cardstock.  I glued them together to give the hourglass frame a bit of depth.

The darling bunny from the Springtime stamp set is just what this hourglass needed to help me pass the time crafting, while I wait for spring to arrive.

I think this umbrella looks like it's twice his size, but he seems to be managing it well.  I added some clear embossing powder to the umbrella for added interest.

I popped the hourglass onto the softest piece of pink gingham printed paper.  
Where are you spring???  I'm counting down the minutes until you arrive!

Please do hop on over to Double D Challenges for a look at what my talented team mates have been up to.

Here's the inspiration board to help jumpstart your creativity.

Here's the prize that you could win when you play along.

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG how cute is this! This sweet little bunny is all ready for those spring time rains!! Love the hourglass die ... I've not seen anything like this ... awesome!

Donna Phelan said...

This is so sweet, ticking off the time/days til Spring! I know how much you are looking forward to gardening days, as am I! That bunny is the cutest with his little umbrella! That sentiment is so perfect too! Happy Spring, only 13 more days! Let's hope Mother Nature takes a look at her calendar lol

Barbara said...

Way to go! I think that this die was part of a Christmas collection and now I see how you have made it Spring! So creative and a wonderful place for a bunny with an umbrella for the Spring rain.

Diane said...

So adorably cute and the cutest hour glass with it's sweet scene inside I have ever seen!! Incredibly creative CUTE!!

Vicki said...

This is so delightful and sparkly, Birgit! I love how you used the hour glass die and created a scene inside. I've never thought to use mine other than as a shaker card. The gingham patterned paper is a favorite for any season. You've inspired me.

I Card Everyone said...

OH, and happy bunnies, too! So sweet and totally SPRING-like!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this one is extra sweet, Birgit! Love that sweet little bunny and the hourglass is fabulous. Delightful colors, delightful card!

Leslie Miller said...

Birgit, this is the most darling and clever card! I love the hourglass, and the bunny scene inside is priceless. It gives me a big ol' smile!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh is this ever darling Birgit! I had forgotten about that hour glass die, but I'm sure glad you didn't...that sweet little bunny with his shiny umbrella is just too CUTE!! Sweet, sweet card my friend and I'm so ready for Spring too!! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

Aww that is too cute, love the little bunny with the shiny umbrella, love that sentiment, we are getting a lot of showers the last couple of days and my Iris are starting to pop up :)

Judy Woodland said...

Really sweet card, I love that little bunny. The hour glass is so interesting, and perfect for the design. FABULOUS creation!!!