Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Little Bunny Treat Boxes

Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail......

and right into my craft room!

I had been wanting to make some treat boxes and these little Assorted Bunnies from Frantic Stamper were jumping right out of my craft cabinet, waiting to be used.

I was able to use up lots of retired patterned paper from Elizabeth Craft Designs making these four little boxes.  

The Sizzix Gable Box made quick work for the boxes and the fun medallions adorning the fronts.

I made a belly band for each box using another retired but timeless die, a stitched scalloped edger.  Sorry, I don't know what company it's from as I've had them for ages on a magnetic board, so no packaging.  I also used up more of the sweet patterned paper to complete the band.

Each little bunny is striking a different pose.

Once the boxes are filled, I will tie them closed with this vintage lace seam binding I've hoarded for way too long.  The color matched perfectly!


I also cut a trio of tags in coordinating colors to personalize each box.

While it's fun to give treats at Easter time, I know the true miracle of Easter lies beyond the cross, beyond the grave, to the Risen Savior.  My Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ!


I'll be adding these boxes to the following challenges:
The Sisterhood of Crafters ~ Bunnies and/or Chicks
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Birgit...these boxes are FABULOUS!! You've put so much love into each one and it totally shows...the papers, the bunnies, the die cuts, the awesome ribbon...what a treat these will be to open! And treasured for a long time to come! Hugs. :0)

Barb Finnical said...

Birgit, these boxes are adorable! I love the colors too. They're springtime-y and yet different. And yes, the lace does match perfectly! As guest designer over at Word Art Wednesday this round, I just wanted to come over and say hi and thank you for joining us this time! We are blessed by your work!

I Card Everyone said...

If the treats inside are as wonderful as the outside of your sweet treat boxes, they will be a hit for sure, Birgit!
[I have that scalloped die - MFT?]
=]

Donna Phelan said...

Oh these are the very sweetest! LOVE the colors and the Designer Papers you chose and all of the special little details! Cute, cute bunnies, love the belly bands and the trio of tags. These are FAB!!! And that lacy ribbon--perfection! Happy Happy!

Diane said...

Oh Birgit, these are adorably CUTE!! So much pretty fun detail on them!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}

blbabe1234 said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love the colors and the ribbon you added

Lisa Elton said...

Too cute to open, but I'm sure they will be for the treats tucked inside! Darling boxes, Birgit. Happy Easter to you, my friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, these are cute, Birgit! All those pretty papers and colors looking as yummy as the candy inside! The bunnies are darling leaping and resting every which way. Love how you've used some too-good-to-give-up oldies, too! Happy Easter weekend to you!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh they are just the sweetest and you have dressed them up so nicely with the bands around them and the cute bunnies, I love the touch of lace for them too