Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Vintage / Shabby Easter Cards

Hello friends~ Just thought I'd share a couple of cards I made for Easter.  

I pulled out all the supplies for these cards except for stamps.  There is no stamping on these cards. 

I bought a sweet set of 6x8 Mintay Papers called Spring Is Here.  It is filled with soft colors and patterns that play really well together.  

There are a few cut apart pages included in the pad with the most adorable spring images.  I had to fussy cut the images and if you know me, you know I hate fussy cutting.  Thankfully they weren't too difficult to fussy cut.  I sponged some walnut stain DOX ink around the edges of both images. 

I mounted a floral frame using foam tape to add dimension and added some Prima Flowers and string bows to each of the cards. 

If you look closely, you'll see that I added a paper doily in the color Swimming Pool from Doodlebug and some tea stained cheese cloth behind each focal point.  

That added to the vintage / shabby look.

These cards are too bulky to be mailed but I think these kinds of cards are best when hand delivered anyway.   

Here's a list of products I used:


I'll be adding one of these cards to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
Cut It Up Challenge ~ Colors of Spring
Alphabet Challenge ~ Vintage / Retro
The Card Concept ~ Spring Has Sprung
I was inspired by the title "Spring Has Sprung".

Thanks for stopping by!


16 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

If these cards have to be hand delivered, does that mean you're coming for a visit?!! These are both absolutely BEAUTIFUL Birgit, and whoever the luck recipients are, they're going to LOVE them! The papers you used are so pretty and the lamb and baby chicks ADORABLE! Sweet, sweet Easter cards my friend...you do vintage SO well!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, my heart goes pitter pat! This is the sweetest paper which I don't have and now I wish I did, and your two cards are so absolutely beautiful! I love the shabby chic style and this vintage look. You do it so well!

Donna Phelan said...

These are beautiful! Perfect for Spring/Easter--can't believe it is so early this year. LOVE the pretty Designer Papers--you worked magic with them! The added florals and twine are the perfect accents.

I Card Everyone said...

Can we foresee some photos of your Easter decorations soon? Birgit, these sweet papers are so wonderful - and your baby animals are tucked in there so sweetly!
I agree with Marcia and hope you're planning on hand-delivering these to MIchigan!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

There will be big smiles on the faces of the lucky recipients! These are both darling, but I'm in love with that sweet little lamb!

meg said...

Two beautiful layered Spring themed cards with adorable images and embellishments,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

blbabe1234 said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE the baby animals and the flowers.

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh wow, Birgit...this card duo is SO pretty. I'm loving all the pastels and soft touches of flowers and sweetness. Just a really lovely duo. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I can't ever really express how much it means to me to have you share your art in our challenges, but I hope you do know that it really is greatly appreciated. Have a blessed week and please join us again soon. God bless you.
Karen L, Word Art Wednesday

P.S. This would be a great fit for the current challenge at The Card Concept if you'd like to play along there as well. We'd sure love to have you join us any time you can.
www.thecardconcept.blogspot.com

Barb Finnical said...

Birgit, these cards are so lovely! I love the cut-outs and the flowers. There's so much depth and texture to them. You will really make some people very happy this Easter. As guest designer over at Word Art Wednesday, I just wanted to pop over and say hi and thank you for sharing your talents with us!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous vintage feel, I love those papers and sweet images, like how you have framed around them and the pretty flowers to go with them too!

Linda said...

Birgit, you do vintage so well. Beautiful Easter cards, my friend. Have a great day.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi again Birgit: Thanks so much for stopping by The Card Concept to share your sweet Spring card with us. I'm delighted because I get to pop by again to see your wonderful art for a second time. Your cards are always a treat and I really do appreciate you sharing them with us. Have a blessed week, my friend; and please stop by again soon.

Dawn Phillips said...

Two beautiful cards with a vintage feel. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

Gerda said...

These cards are so gorgeous!! I love them both!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Karen K said...

Such sweet cards Birgit. I love the vintage, softness of them Your flowers and colors are perfect. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concepts. Karen K (DT)

Esther Asbury said...

Both cards are gorgeous, but I especially love the lamb one you linked up to The Card Concept Challenge. Thanks for playing along!