Monday, December 25, 2023

Candy Cane Lane ~ Fun with Paper on Christmas Day

Hello friends and Merry Christmas Day!  
  I have a confession to make.  I'm a bonified, certified paper hoarder.

There, I said it!  I try so hard to not buy new papers until I've used up some of my older papers that sit in a paper pile for years because A.) I like them too much to use or B.) I just have so many, I can't possibly use them all.  Especially when it comes to Christmas design paper.  I LOVE Christmas papers!  Especially Prima Marketing Christmas papers!!  They always have the sweetest vintage designs. 

 Well grab a cuppa something warm and have a seat.  Take a breather from the busy-ness of the day.  This post is filled with projects I made, while trying to use up the Candy Cane Lane collection from Prima Marketing.

You may recall a flip album I shared using this paper last year.  If you want to have another peek, you can find it HERE.  This year I made this sweet little journal that one could document special Christmas memories and put photo's in or use it as a Christmas daily planner.  

I used Eileen Hull's Scoreboard XL Passport to create the cover and spine of the book, cut from heavy chipboard.  I covered the book with the darling Candy Cane Lane papers and embellished it using flowers from Prima and some die cut leaves in Gold and soft blue to match the stocking Santa is filling.

 
The Passport die includes the cute little name plate, which I also cut out of chipboard and covered with a scrap of the same paper I used for the front cover.  I stamped a name using a stamp from Spellbinders Sign Here stamp set from the Flea Market Finds Collection.  I tucked a tiny Tim Holtz charm beneath the name plate and a ribbon closure.

When you open the book, there are three tabbed dividers including three signatures of color matched cardstock pages.  

I added the center signature first with a simple signature stitch.  For the two outside signatures, I added old buttons to the outside of the spine, just to snazz it up a bit and add some vintage flair.  

Here's the view from the top of the book.  You can see the three signatures and variations of papers I used for the pages.

The finished size of the book measures 3 1/2" x 5".  It's the perfect size to tuck inside a Christmas stocking!

I then made three Christmas cards.

adding bits of gold glitter strips and lots of WOS.

Are these images not just as cute as can be??

Finally, I made three treat boxes.

I was so happy to use up more of this beautiful Candy Cane Lane Collection from Prima.  I still have lots of paper, die cuts and flowers leftover.  Maybe I can finish it off next year.  What should I make next??  Leave me a comment with your suggestions.  I love a good challenge.  

Thanks for sticking with me for this long post and thanks for stopping by!
Wishing you and yours a blessed and Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous projects with these papers and goodies. I am with you on the paper, I just can't resist some new ones as much as I tell myself I don't need them. The books looks so professional, love the buttons on the binder.
I have a suggestion of making ornaments from the goodies :)

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh girl...your book is AMAZING! I'd leave it out all year long...it's just too pretty to tuck away somewhere!! And you're right about the paper...I can see why you HAD to have it! But at least you used it!! I'd still be hoarding!! Seriously! Yes, I have a serious problem, but I just can't seem to help myself! The cards and the treat containers are also all ADORABLE! What a wonderful post my friend...loved every bit of it!! Hugs. :0)

Donna Phelan said...

WOW! What a beautiful little Christmas Album! Love the vintage vibe and the amazing papers you chose for them. Each little detail is fantastic, loving the buttons on the spine. So CUTE! And your milk carton treat boxes are truly adorbs! Merry Merry, Birgit!

Lisa Elton said...

Your album is darling, Birgit! That's some sweet paper right there! All of those buttons on the spine did the trick... snazzy! Cute cards and treat boxes too. A very merry post!