Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Winter Church ~ Double D Challenge

Hello friends ~ This is the last challenge of 2023 for Double D Challenges.  The theme is Winter Scene.

For my card today, I used this beautiful Winter Church from Cottage Cutz, that was gifted to me by my thoughtful friend Lena.  

So many amazing details included in this die set.  I cut the entire die out of white cardstock and colored the pieces using Copic markers.  I added a bit of Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink in the background to help the scene pop.

I mounted the die scene onto this silver snowflake framed card base that I had picked up at Michael's Craft Store during their after Christmas clearance sale of last year.   


Be sure to visit the Double D Challenge blog to see more amazing inspiration from the amazing design team.

Here's the inspiration photo to help you get started:

Here's the prize that you could win when you play along:

I'll also be adding this card to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge, where anything goes.  

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

So sweet! Reminds me of a little English Village Church in the countryside. What a fabulous die and you made it come to life! Merry Merry!

Vicki said...

Lovely! This sweet little church with the red door reminds me so much of our church. It's always had a red door. The snowflake border is a perfect frame for this scene. Everyone inside will more than likey be singing "Silent Night" soon.

blbabe1234 said...

Beautiful card. Love the scene you created

Darlene said...

What a beautiful church scene! Love it! Merry Christmas to you & yours!

Marcia Hill said...

What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL Winter scene you've created Birgit! The church die is so pretty and am loving all the wonderful details included in this set too! Also loving your coloring and the gorgeous snowflake frame...it all adds up to one peaceful and lovely, lovely card my friend...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

I like the snowflakes framing that pretty little church, Birgit! You've decorated it beautifully for Christmas. Wonderful card!

Leslie Miller said...

Love the Cottage Cutz die! Lots of beautiful detail and so perfectly framed with your snowflake border. The card base is a nice way to start a card. It appears to be a letterpress. So pretty!

Barbara said...

I love that you used a church and you did it so well with the framing of the snowflakes. This brought back memories of my childhood as our church was a little one, but filled with love. Great Job! Merry Christmas

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow I love the details in that church, so very sweet all decked out for Christmas and I love the snow flake border around it too!
Merry Christmas!

Ginny Maxam said...

Such a pretty Cheerful card! I love your use of dies- so well done! Thank you for entering the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT