Thursday, December 7, 2023

You Are My California Sunshine

Hello friends~  Our sweet little granddaughter in California is celebrating her first birthday today and we are here in sunny California, celebrating with her!  I thought I'd share the card I made for her and a few photo's of her at the end.

If this card looks familiar, it's because I used the same technique for Mr. C's birthday card back in September.  

I love getting inspiration for cards from their children's books.  The sun pops up from behind the panel, just like in the pop-up book.  

The cutie giraffe from Marianne Designs fits my little Sweet "P" to a "T"!

The pop-up part of the card has sunshine and clouds that are super old dies, but timeless in style.  I stamped a smiley face onto the sunshine using a stamp from Peachy Keen Stamps, adding some copic and white gel pen details.  There's a large vellum cloud and some smaller white puffy clouds.

I just love the cheerful raspberry colors and how they contrast with the giraffe.  To me, it's very story-book-ish.

Here's a picture of my Sweet "P" when she was first born.

And here she is today in all her sweetness!

Here she is with my son:

and with her mom, my beautiful daughter in-love:

I just love kissing those kissable cheeks!!  I know time is going to whiz by way too quickly and soon we'll be home again.  But, joy of all joys!  They'll be home to spend Christmas with us in just 9 days, so I might be MIA in blogland until the new year.

Thanks for stopping by!



7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

An adorable card for an ADORABLE little girl...enjoy every minute you get with her and your family this season my friend! Hugs. :0)

blbabe1234 said...

Beautiful card! I totally ADORE that cute giraffe and love the pull tab to reveal the sun. Sweet photos of the family too.

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfectly adorable just like your Sweet "P"! Happy first birthday to the wee one. So happy you get to celebrate with her! What a blessing it will be for you to be surrounded by your family at Christmas. Take that blogging break, Birgit!

Donna Phelan said...

What a sweet, sweet (interactive) card. We adore giraffes, our saying in our house is 'giraffes have giraffes' lol Great card love the pretty pink plaid too! I think everyone should have a little Sweet P in their life, don't you? We are very lucky Nana's. I can't believe a whole year has gone by! Happy 1st Birthday you dear sweet child!

I Card Everyone said...

You have the best reason of all to go MIA, Birgit! Enjoy every single moment!
Such a darling pop-up card - happy birthday Miss P!
=]

Vicki said...

Pure sweetness, Birgit. Beautiful everything! I love the interactive pocket design. Have the very best visit and family time during the holidays! Family is everything and time is precious.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that is just too cute, love the pop up idea and the face on that sun is just so sweet! How wonderful to be able to go out and share her 1st birthday with her.
She is such a little cutie and looks like quite the climber!
enjoy the time you have with her and the kids when they come to visit you too!