Thursday, September 14, 2023

You Are My Sunshine

Hello friends ~ My sweet little grandson recently celebrated his first birthday, so I thought I'd share the pop-up card I made for him.

I was inspired by one of the pop-up books he has called Peek A Boo Sunshine. 

 One of the pages has a smiling sunshine that slides up out of the page.  I wanted to create my own idea of that, using this darling Lion die from Marianne Designs.

The lions head is attached to an action wobbler, so his little head wobbles back and forth.

The pop-up part of the card has sunshine and clouds that are super old dies, but timeless in style.  I stamped a smiley face onto the sunshine using a stamp from Peachy Keen Stamps, adding some copic and white gel pen details.  There's a large vellum cloud and some smaller white puffy clouds.

I made a few mistake here and there but overall, I'm happy with the way it came out. 

Here's a picture of our little "C" when he was born:

And here he is today!

The little doll is the size that he was when he was born.  He weighed just over 2 pounds.
He's now a strapping 12 pounds
and doing big boy things.

I'll be adding this card to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters ~ Die Cuts / Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Happiest birthday, Mister C! Birgit he couldn't be cuter - so good to see him growing so beautifully! I'll bet he loves his card - I do, too!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my goodness is Callum's card ever ADORABLE...just like the little man himself!! You outdid yourself on this card Birgit and I don't see ANY mistakes...just cuteness overload! Adorable lion and sweet, sweet Callum...a winning combination for sure!! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my it is hard to believe a year has gone by already, he is such a little cutie and this card is just perfect, I love the little pop up surprise with the sun and that lion is just the cutest, little sunshine for sure :)

Brandy W said...

Very sweet card. Love the lion and your grandson is adorable!

Lisa Elton said...

What a darling card! Love the sweet face on the sunshine and that fact that you added a wobbler to the lion's head. Baby C is precious. He looks like he's thriving!

Linda said...

What an adorable card, Birgit for your sweet little miracle baby boy. Thank you for letting me know about your update on Callum. He is so adorable, too.

Lia said...

The little lion is adorable and I like your surprising sun!
Lia DT TSOC

Darlene said...

Oh my friend this card is just adorable but not nearly as adorable as Mr. 'C' ...
How awesome that he's doing so well with such a difficult start ... what a cutie!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B