Monday, September 4, 2023

Flower ~ Mixed Media Monday

Hello friends ~ It's time for Mixed Media Monday once again so I'm here to share an entry that I recently did in my Garden Journal.  

This page came together fairly quickly, since I didn't use a lot of mediums on this.

Keep in mind, the pages in my Garden Journal measure 4 1/2" x 6 1/2", so slightly larger than an A2 sized card.  I had this beautiful floral image that I found in a Junk Journal Collection on Amazon, and I didn't want to cover it up too much. 
In Focus:
 After  collaging the floral image onto the page in my journal, I found a page from a dictionary that I ripped into small pieces and added distress ink to all the edges.  I used those pieces to collage a frame around the entire flower image.

I did some random stamping using stamps from Stampers Anonymous Field Notes, and then added some Flea Market Finds ephemera elements from Spellbinders Coat Check Miscellany.  The gold washi flower is from Pinkfresh Studio's Garden Bouquet Washi.  

This design would look great on the front of a card as well, don't you think?
The Junk Journal Kit from Amazon has so many beautiful papers in it, just like this one.  I think I might make a set of all occasion cards using them.
 
I'll be adding this art journal page to the following challenges:

Here's a list of products I used and where you can find them:

Junk Journal Collection on Amazon
Stampers Anonymous Field Notes
Flea Market Finds
Spellbinders Coat Check Miscellany
Pinkfresh Studio's Garden Bouquet Washi


Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Another beauty Birgit!! Such a gorgeous entry for your garden journal...the flowers itself are so pretty and then all the additions you added make this page totally SHINE!! I love the way you tore up an old dictionary page, distressed it, and then framed your floral print with it too...absolutely BEAUTIFUL my friend!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Look at us visiting each other at almost the same time! Birgit, I love your journal and this page is another stunner! and, yes, I agree with you - this design would definitely make a lovely card, too!
=]

Linda said...

This is amazing Birgit. Not at all something I could do. You make everything come together so well. Very pretty. I have a Triplet update on my blog.

Lisa Elton said...

This is extra pretty, Birgit and it speaks to the floral designer in me! YES, I DO think it would make a wonderful card too. Beautifully done, my friend!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that would make a lovely card too, such a pretty image and I so love your idea of framing with the dictionary page, fabulous!

Donna Phelan said...

I do think this would look FAB as a card front panel! It is magnificent! Love the dictionary page and all of your stamped and collaged elements! Truly a work of ART! Love that big bold and beautiful flower. And that PFS Washi floral with the gold accents is a fantastic accent. Gorgeous, Birgit!

Carol L said...

Your journal page of flowers looks amazing with the torn dictionary pages, flowers and every other wonderful detail! Gorgeous!

Fiona said...

A lovely composition - I like the way you've put it all together but the flower still takes centre stage. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media