Sunday, September 3, 2023

Vintage Christmas Postcard

Hello friends ~  I'm popping in with a Christmas card I made using the colors from Color Throwdown Challenge.  

This line from Prima called Candy Cane Lane just happens to have the colors they're looking for: Pink, Magenta & Green.  Not to mention that the entire collection is as cute as can be!

I cut one of the papers with this sweet girl dressed in her vintage best, using Sizzix Snail Mail die and added some post card stamping and a die cut poinsettia, which I distressed to add to the vintage look.  The leaves are cut using an older Spellbinders Poinsettia die. 

The pretty pink banner is from the coordinating ephemera pack.  The poinsettia makes this card eligible for the Peace On Earth challenge, using their mood board for further inspiration.

My card will be entered into the following challenges:
Color Throwdown ~ Color Challenge using Pink, Magenta & Green

Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Here's a list of products I used today:


Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

This is such a Birgit card and just absolutely beautiful my friend! You make vintage cards like no other and I just totally am in love with each one you make!! The little girl in all her finery is so CUTE and I love the Poinsettia, leaves, and banner you added too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Donna Phelan said...

Oh that looks fantastic! Love the Festive and vintage vibe. Looks like something my Nana would have sent in the 60's, so FAB! Love that pretty poinsettia and your banner and sentiment! Merry Merry!

Lisa Elton said...

She is just the sweetest little thing! This is a darling vintage card, Birgit. The postage die adds so much to the vintage look and I like the striped paper peeking out from the background. Delightful card!

I Card Everyone said...

OH, I do love pink at Christmas! add a pink Poinsettia and I'm a happy girl! What a pretty card!
=]

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I love the die you used with the image and how you made it a postcard with your stamping, the flower is a beautiful addition to it also!

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a beautiful vintage style design! Love your take on the throwdown colors! So glad you joined us in the challenge!

Darlene said...

Hello sweet friend! What an absolutely beautiful holiday creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B