Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Warmest Wishes Birdhouse Pop-up ~ Poppystamps

Hello friends ~  Cardinals are beautiful birds, don't you think?  I'm an avid back yard bird watcher and I feed the birds year round, along with all the chipmunks and squirrels that help themselves to the black oil sunflower seeds we offer.  

The Bird House Pop Up Easel Die Set from Poppystamps is the focus of my project today.  I've paired it with some flowers from the Potpourri Flower Set.

Let's get started.
First off, you'll have to cut two of the base  shapes. 

 These will get glued together on the little scored flaps, on the short side.  This is the base of your easel pop up.  This step is so easy!  And now for the fun part...  Decorating it!

The cardinal and the pine sprigs are all included in this set.  I cut mine out of white cardstock and colored them using Copic markers.

I also cut out four different colors of flowers using the Potpourri Flower Set.

I cut the front frame of the birdhouse out of light blue cardstock and glued  the card the layers together.  Once all the cutting and coloring were done, it was time to decorate, popping flowers in here and there, and a few were popped up using foam dots.

I cut another layer of the same blue cardstock, using the birdhouse frame, for the inside of the card.  The sentiment is stamped using Gilded Christmas Wishes and cut using Colwell Label Set.  I chose this sentiment because I thought it would also work well as a birthday greeting.  This is a great way to extend the use of your Christmas greetings.

I finished the centers of each flower using Autumn Fairy Jewels.  These self adhesive jewels come in just about every color!
In Focus:
A photo to show the dimension.

 

Here is a list of products I used today, that can be found at Poppystamps:

Bird House Pop Up Easel Set
Potpourri Flower Set
Colwell Label Set
Gilded Christmas Wishes
Fairy Jewels


I appreciate you stopping by today!  I hope you find some time to make something crafty.


5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

How pretty is this?!! You're making me want to get my pop up bird house dies out now that I've seen how pretty it is decorated up in Fall colors...AWESOME job Birgit!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is fantastic, Birgit! I like the soft autumn colors you used and the dimension you added. Pretty, pretty card!

Conniecrafter said...

Love this, you know I love birds, and this house is so cute with him. I have a female cardinal that comes to the feeder in the mornings and I know she is there because she starts chripping. The flowers are so pretty with the house too!

Donna Phelan said...

Ooooh this makes for one beautiful popup card! Love that large birdhouse and your majestic Cardinal--no other way to describe him! Oh and you could make one for every Season, that would be so cool! Loving all of the little elements and accents. Nothing more fun than watching 2 chipmunks play tag LOL

I Card Everyone said...

I wouldn't mind one bit if a sweet little birdhouse like this 'popped up' in my yard, Birgit! How darling!
=]