Monday, September 18, 2023

Strawberry Fields ~ Mixed Media Monday

Hello friends ~ Welcome back to another installment of Mixed Media Monday.
Today's art journal entry features a wonderful collection from Simple Stories called Simple Vintage Berry Fields.  I just love the sun-shine colors in this collection!

I started by covering a page in my Create Happiness Art Journal with a sweet country yellow, gingham paper from Simple Vintage Berry Fields 6x8" Paper Pad.  If you look closely, you'll see the subtle image of a mason jar.  So reminiscent of farm fresh country.  I distressed the edges of the page and splattered on some Walnut Stain Distress Ink.


I layered on some ephemera bits from Simple Vintage Berry Fields Ephemera.  The strawberries are stamped using Sunny Studio Berry Bliss.  I love how real these look when stamped!

The "Oh Happy Day" stamp is from 49 & Market Vintage Artistry Dream stamp set.  The acetate butterfly, leaves and flowers were found on Amazon and the postage stamps are actual vintage stamps found in my vintage stamp collection.

Here's a list of products I used:


I hope you enjoyed today's project.  Do you keep an art journal?  Let me know in the comments.  I'd love to stop by for a visit.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous, Birgit - and now I want strawberries [on top of shortcake]!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful and sun-shiny page Birgit...makes me want to hang on to Summer all that much longer! And those strawberries really do look real...and shiny too! I thought maybe you had put glossy accents on them but after looking closer I can see it's the way the layers are stamped! Awesome page my friend...totally made me smile this morning!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

You always layer your pages with so much prettiness! Those strawberries look scrumptious!

Conniecrafter said...

You do such a beautiful job with these journal pages, I love the strawberry theme and wow those don't look like a stamped berry, very impressive, love the splattering and layering too.