Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Birthday Balloons ~ Double D Challenge

Good morning friends~  Double D is starting a new challenge and the theme is "Birthday Balloons".  

I'm always in need of masculine cards so I used this challenge as an opportunity to add one more masculine card to my stash.

I pulled out some older Papertrey Ink sets and the Balloon Cover Up from My Favorite Things.

Using my favorite colors of Distress Oxide Ink, I popped three of the balloons up with foam squares to add dimension.  


Here's the inspiration photo to help get you started:


And here's the prize that will be sent to the winner of the random draw:

Pop on over to the Double D Challenge blog to see more inspiration and join in on the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Diane said...

Super pretty balloons card and a fab design too, great inspiration for us all, thanks for your nice comment, I had the wrong link up, geez!!

Donna Phelan said...

So pretty.....errr handsome lol (I went masculine too--figured it would be an easy one HA) Perfect colors, love those balloons and great sentiment! The fun party banners are FAB!!!

Barbara said...

I love your cash card with a detailed to your balloons.

Darlene said...

Awesome! What a fun & fabulous creation! Just PERFECT!!

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, I love your masculine color combo, and doubling a few of those darling balloons definitely gives them wonderful dimension and life!
=]

Conniecrafter said...

that is a great design for masculine card and I love that you popped some of the balloons up!

Marcia Hill said...

Awesome card Birgit and great idea to use the balloon theme for a masculine card...I always struggle with those! Great to see some of those older PTI dies and stamps getting some love too...I need to do that more often too! CAS and just perfect my friend...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Vicki said...

This is lovely, Birgit! The soft colors are so pretty and love the blue, green and yellow combination. Lots of great dimension too.

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun design for a masculine card! I like that little bit of dimension and your color choices!

aussie aNNie said...

Super cute and sweet card ! Love the delicate colours and shine on the balloons x ♥

Judy Woodland said...

How festive, those balloons just want to pop off the page (no pun intended....lol) Love your colors too.

Barbara said...

OMG! I love how you popped up the balloons and made them look fantastic! Great masculine card too!