Friday, May 10, 2024

Succulent Garden Builder Card Set

Hello friends ~ I'm popping in to share a set of cards I made using Honeybee Stamps Succulent Garden Builder Set.  

Succulent plants and gardens have become quite the rage in the last few years and it's taken me some time to jump on board with it.  Once I started coloring these dies, I fell instantly in love!

I cut all the die shapes out of 80# white cardstock multiple times so that I could fill those darling pots to make little succulent gardens.

The succulents are colored with Copics in a very free, organic style.  

I think this card is my favorite.  I love the green cactus with pink tips.  I wonder if there are really succulents that are colored like that?  I'm happy that in the world of paper crafting, anything can exist.  

My cards turned into a set of notecards using some simple background paper and a pretty scallop frame.


I'll be adding one of these cards to the following challenges:
Just Us Girls ~ "Garden"
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like that you kept your designs simple to let the succulents take center stage! Pretty framing too. This is a wodnerufl set of note cards, Birgit. Thanks for sharing them with us at Just Us Girls!

I Card Everyone said...

This is just the kind of set that keeps on giving, Birgit! I love the gorgeous backgrounds, and every blooming little planter!
What a wonderful set of notecards!
=]

Carol said...

These cards are great...the coloring of the plants is fabulous and the background color sets off the pots and plants so well! Thank you for joining us at Just Us Girls: Garden Challenge!

Marcia Hill said...

What an awesome set of notecards Birgit!! I love succulents, although most of the ones I have are all artificial...I definitely don't have a green thumb! Luckily most artificial ones today are pretty realistic looking! But anyway, yours all look fabulous and I love all the different pots they are in too! Love the background, scalloped frames, and the simple kraft card bases also! What a wonderful note card set this would be to receive!! Hugs. :0)

Tammy Fite said...

What amazing cards! Great job with them all!!

Conniecrafter said...

Such a beautiful set of note cards. I really love the hanging one and the plant holder too, you don't see that often! You did lovely arranging of them!

Leslie Miller said...

Whoever receives this sweet little note set is going to fall in love too! These dies are so much fun!

Karen Letchworth said...

What a beautiful card set, Birgit. Absolutely lovely. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday. It always means SO much to me, and I really do appreciate you.


P.S. The Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop is taking place now if you'd like to hop along with us. You could be the big WINNER.
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Bobby said...

You did a beautiful job of 'planting' all your wonderful succulents, Birgit, and then turning them into lovely note cards. Thanks for sharing them with us at Just Us Girls.

Lena said...

A beautiful set of CAS cards. Each cactus is a work of art. This would make such a lovely teacher's gift. Awesome inspiration, Birgit, thank you.
Lena xx

blbabe1234 said...

Absolutely gorgeous! LOVE those die cuts