Friday, March 10, 2017

Cut Cardstock ~ Spring Book Art

Good morning friends~  I'm so happy to be posting my very first project for the Cut Cardstock Design Team.
CutCardStock

Cut Cardstock has an amazing line of top quality cardstocks, papers, envelopes, adhesives, coloring supplies and more!  A card makers dream, to be sure.  Thanks so much to Cindy and Amber for this opportunity to be part of your wonderful team!

With spring just around the corner, I wanted to do something a bit different than a card.  A while back I made an altered book and I've been wanting to make another one with a tutorial to go along with it.  This was the perfect opportunity to use some fabulous Curious Metallic Cardstock that are on sale during the month of March, among other great products from Cut Cardstock.


I started with an old book that have the pages glued together and then hollowed out like this.  You can find all kinds of tutorials on the Internet on how to do this.  


This book has a coat of white craft paint over the cover and it opens at the center to include paper and flowers.

Let's get started:
I started by die cutting some Lily flowers out of Ice Silver Curious Metallic Cardstock and coloring the flowers using Copics.  I cut the leaves and stems out of Lime Curious Metallic Cardstock.

Look how lovely the colors blend and look on the Curious Metallic Cardstock.  It's hard to capture the sheen but it's truly beautiful.

I gently molded the flowers and assembled them using liquid adhesive and set them aside to dry.

Next I cut a panel of 80lb. Bright White Classic Crest Cardstock and stamped a music background image and aged it using Distress Inks in Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Frayed Burlap.  

I then added a spritz of Heidi Swapp Gold Colorshine splats.  


The Elizabeth Craft Butterfly was cut using 80lb.  Bright White Classic Crest Cardstock and colored using a blender pad with Pink Lady and Hibiscus Burst inks.  I colored the body of the butterfly with a black marker and added some Clear Wink Of Stella to add  some sparkle.  The butterfly was assembled using liquid adhesive and set aside to dry.

I cut a Pair of Leaves from Elizabeth Craft Designs out of Botanic 111lb. Curious Metallic Cardstock and assembled the inside of the book as seen above.

I cut some Elizabeth Craft Designs Dogwood out of 80lb. Bright White Classic Crest Cardstock  and again, colored them using Copics.   

Once they were assembled and adhered to the book, I added some Lime Green Stickles to the centers of the flowers for texture and interest.
I colored a scrap of  80lb. Bright White Classic Crest Cardstock and rubbed Pink Lady and Hibiscus Burst ink onto it and die cut the ECD Gerbera Daisy.  After assembling the daisy, I added some pretty pink prills to the center of the flower.


I cut a banner from  80lb. Bright White Classic Crest Cardstock and lightly distressed it using Frayed Burlap Distress ink and stamped the letters onto the banner.  


I hope you enjoyed today's Book Art project.  You can find these products and many more at Cut Cardstock:
Shimmery White Card StockShimmery Lime Card StockNeenah classic Crest Solar WhiteMetallic Green Card Stock Zig Wing of Stella pen
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

OMG Birgit! This book is a work of art!! Your flowers are all just beautiful and I love the metallic cardstock you used!! All the blending and shading is just incredible and how you put it all together just amazes me! This must have been a true labor of love and whoever receives it is going to have a smile a mile wide on their face...I do just looking at it!! A FABULOUS treasure for sure my friend!! :0)

Unknown said...

Oh how cool is this?!?! Love the Spring theme! Your flowers are gorgeous! Love those delicate dogwood blossoms! Happy Spring for sure--unless you're here with me, it's snowing....4-8 inches today and a Nor'easter next week. Oh joy! I'll just keep coming back to this post and enjoy Spring each day! :)

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Congratulations on your new DT position, Birgit. I've used Cut CardStock paper and envelopes for mini albums; their product is top quality. Love your cut out album idea and the way you embellished it. Thanks for the share.

Lisa Elton said...

Congratulations on your debut post! This is amazing Birgit!!

Conniecrafter said...

Congrats on the new design team, they are lucky to have you, this is just Fabulous, I have always wanted to try this but never have, you have given such terrific inspiration for it, your flowers are beautifully done, lovely arrangement!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wow! This is fantastic Birgit! Love the shabby/vintage look. That old book never looked so good before. Pretty die-cut flowers and butterfly! Lovely colors.