Saturday, March 31, 2018

12 Kits of Occasion ~ March

Good morning friends!  The end of March is here and that means it's time for the 12 Kits of Occasion gals to post their projects.  
This month's kit comes from Jessica Davis from The Paper Parade.  Her kit was pure delight and filled with creative ways to say "Thanks"!

 I made 5 cards but have plenty of supplies left to CASE my teamies.  ;0)

 Shimmer is always so hard to capture in a photo but this card has shimmer sprayed over the background.  The unicorns horn, mane and tail have a generous dose of Wink of Stella.  It's so sparkly in real life.  The background is one that I made while in Newton, Kansas at the Craft House.

 The sentiment on this background paper was too sweet not to give main attention to.  The little bears, lightly colored with Copics, were all that was needed on this card.

So many wonderful ways to say "thanks".

I've had my eye on these MFT owls for a long time and was so excited to finally have a chance to use them.  I have three more waiting for me on my craft table.
Be sure to visit the 12 Kits of Occasion blog to see how my team mates used Jessica's darling kit.  Thanks so much Jessica!

Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Soooo pretty! Soooo colorful! Soooo sparkly! You are so talented my dear! What a happy post!

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, CUTE cards Birgit! I especially LOVE the Unicorn card and the bears holding hands card...ADORABLE!! Those owls are so dang cute too and I have that set, so if you need any more, just holler!! You did an amazing job with this kit my friend...love all of them!! :0)

Michelle said...

Five a-mazing, fantastic cards - and a lovely blend of colors and patterns! But, WOW, your unicorn creation is sparkled, colored and detailed SO beautifully.... love, love!

Patti said...

What a delightful kit! I am wowed by what each of you have created from this month's kit!! I think I NEED those wols too!!

♥ Patti

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Birgit! Always a pleasure to see what you're up to! I'm drooling over that unicorn! The coloring is amazing! And the bears are adorable! The sentiment looks like it's written in the sky! What a treat!

Lisa Elton said...

Delightful designs, each and every one! Your rainbow colored unicorn is swoon worthy Birgit, so pretty!! Have a Blessed and happy Easter!

Kim Heggins said...

Birgit...so many wonderful and sweet cards. Just love your bears holding hands with the patterned paper, so clever and just wonderful! Your sweet rainbow unicorn is simply fabulous! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Conniecrafter said...

great selection of thankful cards, I bet the shine is really pretty on the unicorn too, the owl is very cute!

Sharron said...

Fabulous cards, Birgit! Isn't it wonderful when an image and some patterned paper works perfectly. The bears are so adorable! And I love your unicorn design--the background is stunning and the rainbow colors are so pretty!

Nancy Penir said...

My darling Birgit, I remember you creating that background in the Craft house, loved it then and adore it now. Oh My, your unicorn is gorgeous! adore all your beautiful cards, but that unicorn's tail and mane is beyond gorgeous! A big hug to you, and Happy Easter to your beautiful family!

Janice said...

A wonderful selection of cards Birgit, Your ideas and designs are amazing!

Tracey McNeely said...

Birgit I love your collection of cards so much. You as usual added just the righ extra touches to make them fabulous. The unicorn of its background are amazing and I can imagine the gorgeous, camera shy, glitter on it! Inspired by your designs my friend.

The Paper Parade said...

I think my favorite is the last card! I just love how colorful it is, it makes me smile from ear to ear :) I'm so glad that you've wanted to try the owls and now you have some more to try later! You had such unique uses of the papers, too, I love how you took that subway series sentiment and had the other patterned papers stacked behind it. The unicorn sounds amazing with all that sparkle! And what a beautiful background you created, too.