Sunday, March 25, 2018

PTI March Blog Hop

Hello friends~   I'm playing along with PTI's March Blog Hop and combining it with Melissa Phillip's Make-It Monday Challenge.
Here's the inspiration photo for the blog hop:
The focus for my card was the soft yellows and pinks of the flowers in that pretty "nest like" basket.  

I used Beautiful Berries ~ SpringShape Shifters ~ Circle and Banner Style and sponged some leaves on the background using the leaf stencil from Garden Gate Make-it Market kit.  
I mentioned that I'm combining this with Melissa's Make-it Monday Embossing Enamel Splatters.  I didn't have any chunky embossing powder so I used my regular embossing powder but it was so fine it kept blowing off my butterfly.  Now that I've been looking at some of the other projects I got some good tips on melting it from underneath or using an ink splatter stamp and versa mark first.  Now why didn't I think of that?

 My butterfly definitely doesn't have the lovely shabby look that Melissa's butterfly does but it was a nice finishing touch on this card.  


I hope you'll join in on the fun!  You can find the details of the blog hop here.

Thanks for stopping by!


25 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

GORGEOUS! Oh how it screams SPRING to me! Apparently this is the only Spring I get! lol What a beauty!

lainey said...

This is so soft and pretty! Love all those Spring like colors you used!

I Card Everyone said...

Really so beautiful, Birgit ... and I do hope that lovely tulip arrangement is yours - how stunning!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Yep, this card definitely says SPRING to me too! I love the Spring Berries on top of the Shape Shifter die cut...what a perfect backdrop!! And your sweet little butterfly is the perfect adornment too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Happy Sunday and miss you...has it already been 2 weeks?!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful and it sure looks like Spring! Great take on the inspiration photo too!

Vikki H said...

Yellow and pink are so cool together! I like each part of your design from stenciling, butterfly to banner. So happy that you could enjoy your recent crafting trip.

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is lovely! The pinks and yellows are so Springy. Beautiful design too.

DIANA L. said...

So pretty I love the details and your take on the photo and the MIM challenge nice job.

Nancy Penir said...

OK, you win the hop! Layers of lovely pastel goodness, topped off with a banner that has been on my wishlist for far too long! Seriously, love this, right down to the glittered butterfly! PS I have chunky glitter in every color, if you want some! Hugs.

Carmela said...

Birgit, what a gorgeous card! Love all the layers and soft colors. The beautiful berries are one of my all time favorites and you have used them beautifully!

Betty Wright said...

Love your layered beauty! Love the soft colors and attention to details! Lovely card!

Karen said...

What a soft and lovely take on the inspiration photo! I love your card; those berries are so beautiful!

Skrater said...

This is such a lovely card with wonderful details. So elegant!

Sharron said...

So gorgeous and perfect for spring! Love the soft colors. And the die cut with the sentiment and sweet butterfly add a bit of movement, like a spring breeze!

Patti said...

Mmmmm beautiful!! what a fresh and clean welcome spring kind of card!!

Patti

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the arrangement of the flowers, the diecut and stencil are just great for the background !

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Birgit! Love the beautiful blossoms and fancy butterfly! Happy hopping!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness is this ever soft, delicate and beautiful!! Love this so much Birgit!!

Linda said...

Birgit so many lovely soft layers. Your card is so beautiful. Love it my friend. Have a great day.

Joyce said...

Such a soft and lovely card, Birgit. Love those flowers you used, and that fantastic butterfly.

Tracey McNeely said...

Birgit what a beautiful card, all the soft layers are so pretty!

Marybeth said...

Birgit this is so beautifully designed with so many beautiful things to look at! I so love this!

Joyously Noelle said...

Wow, your layers and colors are lovely!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is one over the top amazing and beautiful card! Love all your soft and sweet details! Shear perfection!