Wednesday, March 28, 2018

PTI ~ Make-It Monday Stenciled Edges

S
Hello ~  I've got a quick post with the card I made for this week's PTI ~ Make-it Monday challenge.
Lizzie showed us a great technique for creating stenciled edges on our cards.  I like this technique and have done it before, but I never think of using it so I'm glad she reminded me of it.
I used one of the stencils from the Garden Gate Make-it Market kit for the stenciling around the edges.  I love the flowers from Seasonal Borders: Spring!  It took a few times to line them up properly, but in the end they came out ok.  I used the same Layered Banner Die that Lizzie used.
You can join in on the fun here.

I'll also be adding this card to the following challenges:
The Sisterhood of Crafters ~ Spring Flowers
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Birgit ... this is SO PRETTY! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Spring Flowers’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Nancy Penir said...

I just love your stenciled edges! So perfectly done, Birgit. And think I better order the Borders stamps. Beautiful!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful stenciling! The color really makes you focal image pop. Beautiful card!

Debbie Mageed said...

Very pretty and love the stenciling!! Wonderful spring floral card! Thank you for playing with the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you will join us again soon.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely spring card Birgit! I like the way you've tucked the blooms behind the fun banner!

Marcia Hill said...

Oooooooh Birgit...loving this beautiful card my friend!! Your stenciled edges are perfect and draw the eye right in to your beautiful blooms and sentiment!! Loving your color combo too! I have this stamp set but have not even played with it yet...definitely need to rectify that after seeing this beauty!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Nancy G said...

What a surprise when I seen we used the same stencil:) Your card is beautiful!

Linda said...

So beautiful Birgit. Your spring flowers just pop with that awesome stenciled background.

Conniecrafter said...

like the softness of your background and your spring flowers are just gorgeous!! The banner is a great touch

Carmela said...

Love the flowers and your center banner. Nicely done!

Colleen said...

Terrfic card...now to just remember to use stencils around the edges more often, such a pretty look! And I was afraid the flowers were too small from the borders set, but you have them shown here to be a good size and beautiful! Awesome card sweet friend! Have yourself a very Happy Easter! wish we were closer so we could play together more often, miss you and the other ladies!! Heart Hugs, Birgit!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL!

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully designed card! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.